Poll

What do you think about the old Velocity MOD and Joshua's new tables?

I want them to go on with their development because I'm interested on new stuff.
7 (20%)
I like them, and I want upcoming campaigns to be adapted to the use of these new tables. They rock!
5 (14.3%)
I like them, but I want upcoming campaigns to be free from modified speed values and glide options.
7 (20%)
I don't like them, they are nothing special. Nothing will change with them.
0 (0%)
I don't like them and I don't want upcoming campaigns to be adapted to their use!
0 (0%)
I hate them, they kill original FS2 Physics. Delete these MODs at once!
0 (0%)
I don't really care.
16 (45.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 20, 2007, 09:30:14 am

Author Topic: "De Modificationibus FreeSpacis"  (Read 7707 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: "De Modificationibus FreeSpacis"
Hmm, i think once you master using the slide controls in conjunction with your normal ones, this becomes less of a problem...

With any lag at all, no.

I can't tell you the number of times I've emptied my ammo reserves in a ship, heard the rounds bouncing off, and I never hit according to the server.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm.  @coders: would it be possible to account a ping apporximation into the lead indicator calculation for MP?

Offline Dysko

I know, bu DySkO doesn't want them in Steadfast because he thinks the others will hate them. That's the point...

For the ones who voted against the MOD...have you tried to play some missions with Joshua's tables?
I don't hate BtRL physics and Joshua's modified tables... I don't them in Steadfast because we are making a FreeSpace campaign, not a Battlestar Galactica campaign.

Also, we worked hard to make the tables we already have balanced. Changing the physics will only result in us re-balancing the tables again, and then to remake the missions already done.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Hmm.  @coders: would it be possible to account a ping apporximation into the lead indicator calculation for MP?

There already should be, in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I know, bu DySkO doesn't want them in Steadfast because he thinks the others will hate them. That's the point...

For the ones who voted against the MOD...have you tried to play some missions with Joshua's tables?
I don't hate BtRL physics and Joshua's modified tables... I don't them in Steadfast because we are making a FreeSpace campaign, not a Battlestar Galactica campaign.

Also, we worked hard to make the tables we already have balanced. Changing the physics will only result in us re-balancing the tables again, and then to remake the missions already done.

Steadfast is an alternate Inferno R1 campaign which could have BtRL like physics. You know better than me that they should work fine with the aces, Steadfast's most important characteristic.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nuclear1

I LIKE GO FAST!

VRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
:eek2:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
I like having extra options to motion. Glide, vertical and horizontal movement, all open up tactical potentials for motion.

And I can always be in afterburner by gliding and holding the speed at maximum burn.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I was refering to doubled speed values in particular. I don't think glide, vertical and horizontal movements are ok for a FS campaign. I'm mostly interested on high speeds, intertia and momentum.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Look, LGM. It's DySko's campaign.

If he's saying he doesn't want to, then he doesn't. Or I would go down to Woo and tell him that Alliance should be about The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I know, in fact there was some kind of misunderstanding. He thought I want to add all BtRL features(glide, etc )but I only want high speeds and inertia.

He said the AI has problems with high speeds...I have never heard of such a problem. What do you know about this subject? I played many missions of the main campaign and there were no problems(lol, with my wingmen I destroyed two beams of the Sathanas before it could fire on the Phoenicia :) ).
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I know, in fact there was some kind of misunderstanding. He thought I want to add all BtRL features(glide, etc )but I only want high speeds and inertia.

He said the AI has problems with high speeds...I have never heard of such a problem. What do you know about this subject? I played many missions of the main campaign and there were no problems(lol, with my wingmen I destroyed two beams of the Sathanas before it could fire on the Phoenicia :) ).

AI has problems above 300 m/s. I've seen it happen.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Most spacecraft can't reach that speed and this problem is easy to fix.
The Lightblue Ribbon

OMG!!! I am being mentioned!

You know, I actually never thought that my tables where so... "popular"...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:03:18 am by -Joshua- »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uhm...play this Simple MissionTM with Joshua's MOD on and tell me what do you think  :blah:
The Lightblue Ribbon