Author Topic: "Fate" - A new FS campaign that may be made...  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
"Fate" - A new FS campaign that may be made...
I just might start up a new campaign (I feel like contributing to the community) so I conjured up an interesting story-line.

NewCampaign (a temporary name, of course)

22 years after the destruction of Capella, the Delta Serpentis to Sol node had been reconstructed and activated after a long calibration period.

Earth and its early colonies were found intact, though on the verge of destruction. Nuclear radiation sullied the earth, and the populations in the low billions. Earth and Mars had been fighting a deadly war with planetary bombs and their remaining fleets.
Earth almost lost.

After the GTVA's intervention both sides were pacified. Earth was declared uninhabitable and an evacuation was initiated.
There was one last gift Earth provided.

Deep within the Earth's crust, there was found an ancient terran ship. The ship was far more advanced than our own. We had found an immensefully old race, one predating us Terrans and Vasudans. Evidence of their human-like body was found; preserved bones and various images.

Within an year the ancient language of the Pre-Terrans was decoded (the ancient ship was hauled to a research facility in Vega) and one curious, and fightening message remained.

"We fear the progenitors, as they may be gods. We have one wish, escape fate, bend it, and destroy its bonds, do not do flee like we have. For they will punish you for your blasphemy"

Now it is the 32 years after the destruction of Capella, the ten year anniversery of the opening of the Delta Serpentis Knossos.
It is time to face our fate.

How did it sound, any good for a campaign of sorts?
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
i like it, want some help?

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
Well, I'm debating whether or not I'll start it. If I do, I would love some help :). Would you be available? Anyway mail me at [email protected] and I'll give people an deeper idea of what the campaign is about and what I need to have done :nod:
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Cool; reminds me of Homeworld a bit actually.;) How did Earth become radioactive?

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
Mainly because of the nuclear wars between Earth and Mars (and other outlying sol colonies) huge amounts of nukes (used because materials for Harbinger-class warheads were lacking) were used and they contaminated Earth really badly.

BTW: homeworlds quite cool, I don't think that was really an influence (unless it was unconcious thought) but I'll take that as a compliment because HW was a really cool game :)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Interesting.  Sounds a bit like a Reciprocity prequel story I made up.

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
CP5670 is correct, that sounds a TON like homeworld.  Homeworld's one of my favorite games EVER!!!  That's a pretty cool background story too.
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
Hey adwight, you can fred right? Well I need a mission designer badly (in fact I need everything badly) do you think you could do some missions? e-mail me.

BTW: i also need a co-story writer as I don't have the whole story layed out quite yet.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Kamikaze

BTW: i also need a co-story writer as I don't have the whole story layed out quite yet.

Exactly how much assistance do you need? If you're talking about full mission scripting, I'm out as I'm already committed to Alikchi's NTF campaign, but if all you need is someone to help nut out the basic premise behind missions, and the overall campaign story, I can assist.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Hey, i'll help you FRED wheneva i can, just drop me a line @
[email protected] :D
"I swear, if I get caught in some little nook or some little crannie the next time that ship jumps to warp, I'll kill something." - Me, ten seconds after being caught infront of the fighter bay of an orion.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
I'll render for you but I'm no good at anything else...:(
Need a renderer?
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
Well once the story and general mission outlines are setup (no, they're not:p) I'll need FRED help. A renderer would be awesome, Corsair can you do main-screens (like the inside of the Aquitaine) and such? Anyway I'll need renders later when I'm doing more post-game work.

And Blackwolf, any story help however minimal would be helpful.
I have a basic idea of what I want to do. Just not the right layout and design.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I have four mission outlines which I've Emailed you. If you like it, you can send me some more details as to exactly where you want it to go, and I'll write them for you.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2002, 02:26:48 am by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
I'm with Alikchi's NTF campaign also, but I'll help whenever I can!:yes:
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
Will we be able to see this ancient starship in-mission?
I'll think of a siggie later..

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
Well, the campaign wouldn't work without the ships soooo.. Yes;)

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
BTW: I need a modeler to do the ancient ship. (in fact all the new ships :p)