Author Topic: 2368 Tactical needs. (an opinion)  (Read 2690 times)

2368 Tactical needs. (an opinion)
New thread!  i am thinking about all tactical "needs" in this game arsenal at the end of the Second Shivan Incursion., * (I Play the game in hard) so i think you can remember things  that the GTVA need to archieve. in the next 5 years in order to

Fighters

They need an apollo replacement., the myrmidon have good firepower but an awful desing ( the missiles simply hit me all the times) probably the Perseus is a good replacement ., but they need a more robust and nimble desing. and they need to try to have dat quad link primary bank., ( the best myrmdon thing ) and probably ., also .. a Space superiority fighter must have harpoons!.

Probably the another flaw., they don't have a Next Generation of Interceptor., Like the valkyr 32 years in technology advacement They can
make a Good Interecptor.,  With 90 M/S an afterburner of 185 M/S have a +50 of armor and +100 for Shields., and a good Maneuverability like the old valk,, can be a Beutiful add on., especialy with a 3x2 primary bank configuration and 2 secondary banks like the perseus. can be a descent Capella era Fighter right?.

Bombers

*The first thing GTVA must need is a new Light Bomber.,   Capable of Dogfight ., ( Like the old beloved Athena ). the Zeus doesn't have the same dogfighter ability and have less armor and shields.,

*another thing make a modification to the poor GTB Artemis., in an overall., a good bomber. but his primary quad bank are terrible., i can't hit anything with the 4 guns  . also., this ship can use the maxim., but is imposible to use it in a decent fight only 1 bank.  i think the BEST Bomber class in the fleet is the Ursa., 3x2 primary banks., a lot of secondary space., and a turret. they need to put enphasis in this class of design when they try to build a Medium bomber. Hard, Maneuverable and the primary position of a Athena., and capable to launch Cyclops at least

Guns

*Update theirs basic turrets., THT and TT simply don't have the speed, rate of fire and damage to be a useful deterrent against, fighters, bombers and another small vessels.

* Weapons are okay in general., the only strange thing is the Prometheus R. need to be replaced with a better weapon. or simply stop their building.

* Banshee come back! ( the UD-8 Kayser is only to Elite Squads) ., is like the tigers tanks., if you have only a few., is not going to change the war. imagine Banshee mass produced? in 32 years they can do something like that.

Missiles
*Stiletto III - a new Anti Subsystem weapon. more effective., fast and harder to destroy., at least. they need to make it true in order to
have any chance against shivan capital beams.

*Rockeye upgrade., somebody try to use rockeye against Shivans? simply ineffective., the harpoons are the best. i think this weapon desing can have 2 ways of develop. More Damage., or Miniaturization., but Heat seeking need a check.

*Infyrno, this missile is awesome., but seriously., isn't possible put any tracking device?., can be a so powerful weapon. very expensive.,
put a heat seeking tracking device., if you can put in an poor missile like a MX-64., you can also put it in an infyrno

*Meson warheads  yeap they need it start developing. possibly the only way to take out a juggernaut with only bombers.

*Harbinger, they need it back., at my first think., probably very cheap in comparison with the helios and more useful, why? simple.
They have a lot of subsystem damage., and i think the best way to treat with destroyers and bigger problems is  DISABLE'EM ALL.
if GTVA have a second a start some test with this two weapons probably start to build harbingers., i can destroy all Sathanas beam weapons. Very quickly. to be noted.

Only to talk., in this forum possible more people have a very interesting thoughts in this matter. a new Jury-rig ideas in order to put the GTVA. in a better shape against the shivy threat

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:57:03 pm by ZeroCooL »

Re: 2368 Tactical needs. (an opinion)
They need an apollo replacement., the myrmidon have good firepower but an awful desing ( the missiles simply hit me all the times) probably the Perseus is a good replacement ., but they need a more robust and nimble desing. and they need to try to have dat quad link primary bank., ( the best myrmdon thing ) and probably ., also .. a Space superiority fighter must have harpoons!.

The Perseus is, like you say, pretty much a direct Apollo replacement. You're right that this leaves conspicuous, interceptor-shaped holes in both Terran and Vasudan fighter lineups.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Are you looking for suitable user-made ships for those roles or do you already have them in mind?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I think this is a discussion on what holes a notional post-Capella GTVA would like to fill in their ranks, not a search for assets, though I may be mistaken.

But yes, there is a distinct lack of a dedicated interceptor in the FS2 lineup. The Perseus is labelled as an interceptor, but its really an Apollo successor. Though, with the Trebuchet missile, it seems that a fast primaries-based interceptor is less necessary - using GTF Ares as missile boats can be quite effective though if the "AI"... errr Shivan Pilots get better at avoiding trebs, the efficacy of this will diminish greatly.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline CT27

Like you said about bombers:

Maybe make one slightly heavier than the Artemis so that it can carry two different types of guns (Kayser and Maxim for example) and still be a semi-decent dogfighter for a bomber.

I think this is a discussion on what holes a notional post-Capella GTVA would like to fill in their ranks, not a search for assets, though I may be mistaken.

But yes, there is a distinct lack of a dedicated interceptor in the FS2 lineup. The Perseus is labelled as an interceptor, but its really an Apollo successor. Though, with the Trebuchet missile, it seems that a fast primaries-based interceptor is less necessary - using GTF Ares as missile boats can be quite effective though if the "AI"... errr Shivan Pilots get better at avoiding trebs, the efficacy of this will diminish greatly.

You´re right droide.  ., if we are talking about "User made" Interceptor replacement., The aurora (Possible a dedicated bomber interceptor due to his primary 4x2 configuration). and/or the Stentor a more general interceptor like the valkyr, both designs are very pretty. but droide you get my point!.

quoting from CT27:

Like you said about bombers:

Maybe make one slightly heavier than the Artemis so that it can carry two different types of guns (Kayser and Maxim for example) and still be a semi-decent dogfighter for a bomber.

thats right., a beutiful overall bomber harder to kill than the Zeus. Possible like a "Zeus" Mk2 can be a nice add-on. we don´t have any user made ship capable to fill this rol.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 06:39:31 am by ZeroCooL »

I recommend you try the Steele remix of Universal Truth in the latest BP release if you think missile boats are an adequate substitute for interceptors. A single Draco loaded with Tempests can shred a wing of Seraphim in seconds and be afterburning to its next target in the time an Ares would spend locking on and reloading.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

I recommend you try the Steele remix of Universal Truth in the latest BP release if you think missile boats are an adequate substitute for interceptors. A single Draco loaded with Tempests can shred a wing of Seraphim in seconds and be afterburning to its next target in the time an Ares would spend locking on and reloading.

Really i prefer interceptors over Ares loaded with trebuchets., the draco it´s an excellent interceptor., in the paper., but i never fly it. (And it´s a nice ship).

when i play AoA was in 2010 i think., and last time i play WiH was a lot of time ago also., 

The funny thing is that in UT1 a Kulas will do you more good than a Draco. The large target profile doesn't help it much against massive turret and piranha fire and the Kulas can actually put all power to shields while afterburning to your next target since you don't have to burner-tap.
The Draco might look like a great fighter but it suffers from much of the same problems as the Horus.

Both are far superior to treb-spamming though. To cover 4000 metres it would take a Kulas around 35 seconds, probably around 30 for the Draco with good burner tapping. In that time you can fire 6 times(12 total trebs), which is enough to kill 3 Seraphims if you're lucky. If they equalise their shields between shots and your trebs land on different quadrants(this actually happens quite a bit when attacking from an angle) then you'll need more than 4 trebs to kill them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:15:45 am by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Aesaar

The funny thing is that in UT1 a Kulas will do you more good than a Draco. The large target profile doesn't help it much against massive turret and piranha fire and the Kulas can actually put all power to shields while afterburning to your next target since you don't have to burner-tap.
The Draco might look like a great fighter but it suffers from much of the same problems as the Horus.
On a full fuel load a Draco will cover 2625m while a Kulas will cover 2730m.  But the Draco will do it in half the time.  It's also a fair bit tougher and has twice the secondaries.  Only place the Kulas is genuinely better is turn rate and size, which you don't really need fighting Seraphims.  There's also the fact that the Draco, on max engine power, goes 130 without burners.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:44:02 pm by Aesaar »

Offline CT27

Addressing something in the OP:

Instead of going back to the Harbinger, maybe just make a Helios mk.2 bomb?  It would have a very slight damage increase, but a notable increase in subsystem damage.