Author Topic: All right, all right, I'm back for a short while...  (Read 2230 times)

Bushwacker

All right, all right, I'm back for a short while...
As most of the regulars know, I used to be a commoner on this (and the Volition) bulletin boards.  Unfortunately, Real Life™ isn't making things easy.

Since I've been out of the loop for over a month, I would appreciate a progress/general stats report (i.e. has anyone figured my ancients ship out yet, did we get the source code, is Dave still being an a**, etc.).

I might as well say that I am going to have a much-needed week-long break coming up, at which point I may be able to interface with the community a little more.

BTW, how's my siggy?  

------------------
"I am become death, the shatterer of worlds."
                       -the Bhagavad Gita

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Looks familiar.....I had that for a while on the VBB and WS.  
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Bushwacker

Then you won't mind that I shamelessly stole it for my personal use.

Now if someone'd kindly bring me up to speed...

------------------
"I am become death, the shatterer of worlds."
                       -the Bhagavad Gita

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Welcome back! Let's see...

No Source, and it doesn't look very likely in the future either.

I haven't heard anything on the Ancients Project for a while.

Ross128 shut down. Some of the material is being/has been moved to HLP.

HLP is having a modeling contest- see Hard Light for some of the early entries.

Several new campaigns, first one that comes to mind is Pandora's Box, haven't played it yet but by all reports it's exce;;ent

Several new mods released or are in progress- I created my Velocity Mod, Woomeister created a Shield mod.(shields for capships!  ) Someone is working on a terrain mod as well.

That's all I can think of right now.

Oh yeah- the Velocity Mod is sweet. It adds that swoop factor to dogfights that Freespace is sometimes missing, and doesn't even disrupt gameplay very much.

Alright, this is where everyone else fills in all the stuff I left out- Insert next post here.  

------------------
Sushi- the OTHER white meat!
Accelerate your game-Velocity Mod

Offline Pez

Just a question. Since when is Daveb (or anyone at [V] )being an *** . I have always thought that everyone at [V] are cool. Threat them with respect and they respect you.

[This message has been edited by Pez (edited 04-10-2001).]

Bushwacker

Ah, Pez, let's just say that I made an offhand comment that was supposedly amusing that dave didn't like in the least, and he pulls some "Crushing Cudgel of VBB (in)Justice" or something that I interpreted as a threat, then after I remove the offending post he's acting like he's sorry...well, my apologies, but you do NOT behave like a jerkoff to me and then expect me to respect you.  I can not and WILL NOT be intimidated into cooperation or silence.

[End Rant]

Whew, now that that's over with...

So, no source code, no FS3, Interplay will sue us for continuing to make mods and missions for FS, Volition could care less, ah, I see.  The community is about to fold in on itself, and we can't to a damn thing about it.

Anything else I should be aware of?

BTW, Sushi, I'd download the Velocity Mod, but I currently have my own hacked TBL files that I doubt it would be compatible with.

Which reminds me, new campaign idea that needs to go in another thread...I'dve posted it by now, but I've been too busy playing Deus Ex (which totally r0><0rs IMHO) ...