FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

Toggleable scripted mouse (v. 0.9)

<< < (2/14) > >>

potatochief:
im trying to run your mouse codes... cant seem to get them running? im a coding idiot :(
tried PPjoy awhile ago, it worked but left me dizzy and nauseated since the movement isn't as smooth say as freelancer
(to my memory)
How to I make this work? lay man's please :)

Sushi:

--- Quote from: potatochief on August 08, 2011, 06:32:57 am ---im trying to run your mouse codes... cant seem to get them running? im a coding idiot :(
tried PPjoy awhile ago, it worked but left me dizzy and nauseated since the movement isn't as smooth say as freelancer
(to my memory)
How to I make this work? lay man's please :)

--- End quote ---

1. Open notepad. Paste in the first file (highlighted in green). Save the file as "mouse-sct.tbm"
2. Do the same thing for the second file, saving it as "mouse_script.cfg"
3. Go to your Freespace2 directory. Open the "data" folder, then the "tables" folder (create it if it does not exist). Put mouse-sct.tbm inside of data/tables.
4. Open or create a Freespace2/data/config directory and put mouse_script.cfg there.
5. Run the game with any reasonably recent build (including 3.6.12).

That's it! You should be able to toggle between regular mouse control and "freelancer-like" mouse control by clicking the middle mouse button.

potatochief:
Thanks sushiman!
Got the controls to work... will have the new controls "reviewed" by my younger brothers and cousins that i coerced to play freespace over 8 years ago!
I'll also give it a good run and see if i can adapt to using it as well. thanks!

technopredator:
I'm all for the joystick improvement but I think the activation would be better with a keyboard key. I have to break the bound of the middle mouse button (button 3) and restart the launcher to make it work. 'Shields Manager' script uses '0' to enable/disable itself and it works great.

Anyway this script needs work, its dynamic acceleration blows, the faster I move the mouse on the pad the slower the ship moves, it's backwards, but it has a future because I managed to get it close to what I want with this configuration:

--- Code: ---Sensitivity:         362
Sensitivity Curve:   3.9
Control Mode:        1
Deadzone:            2
Mouse Invert:        0
Boundary Limit:      0
Indicator Color:     255, 255, 0, 64
--- End code ---

but why I can't see the cursor? is that option removed? I can see the cursor in 'joystick mode' but is not what I expected, I like the concept but the functionality IMO should be the same as 'mouse mode' in the center, the approximation to a real joystick I don't think is useful at all, it requires to move the mouse like crazy. A Merge between both modes & with a reverse dynamic acceleration fix, would be IMO the perfect mouse driver, good enough to incorporate it into the next release of FS2O.

jr2:
If it ever makes a release as an official part of FS2O, I think there are some who will commit mass homicide as they are afraid that the mouse's accuracy plus the joystick's ability to not have to stop turning every 2 seconds will put them at a disadvantage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version