FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

Scripted Message Gauge v1.2

<< < (2/5) > >>

fightermedic:
full of ultra-awesome-supercoolnes

General Battuta:
Hm. After some testing, Axem, I have some concerns:

There is no queue. When a message is cut off it vanishes. This leaves players unable to review messages except by hitting up the log.

In the BP HUD, the top line of the message overlaps the message sender ID.

Does the message script respect priority? (I suspect it probably does.)

Axem:
Yes, there's no backlog. I'm unsure the best route to go with adding a backlog for messages while keeping things readable. Suggestions are welcome!

And also yes there was a change to how lua string are drawn in the nightlies, its a super simple fix that I will be updating very shortly.

Message priority is respected because the script doesn't handle that, the game still does.

mjn.mixael:
My idea for the backlog was to try and recreate the default HUD gauge, but leave out the most recent message. So.. Using scripting to get and draw messages of a particular age. I haven't had time to actually fudge around to try and figure it out yet, though.

Lorric:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on June 18, 2014, 11:48:48 am ---My idea for the backlog was to try and recreate the default HUD gauge, but leave out the most recent message. So.. Using scripting to get and draw messages of a particular age. I haven't had time to actually fudge around to try and figure it out yet, though.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean the latest message would appear in Axem's gauge, then when it was replaced by the next one, it would drop to the top of the screen in the same way normal messages display?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version