Author Topic: I need some help with FS2O  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Njmat

I need some help with FS2O
Hi all.  I recently received FS2 as a gift on Steam, and since I loved the game I decided to install it and play it.  Unfortunately, the graphics are severely dated, but then my brother told me about the modding project, so I decided to give the FSO a try.  I downloaded the installer, installed all the mods, and moved the .mve files (that was the only thing I saw that had to be moved from the original location).  When I try to run the launcher, I get an error message that says "Failed EnumAdapterModes in UpdateAntiAliasList".  I read through the general help file, and I could see nothing that even came close to describing the problem.  I tried running the game from the launcher anyway, with a debug version of the game so as to capture a log file, which I have attached. 

General information:

Running on Windows 8.1 64bit
The game is installed on a secondary hard drive, not C:/ as my SSD has no room for the game and the 20 gigs of mod files.
Running an i7 920 @ 3.20 Ghz, with 18GB RAM, and a 3GB GTX 780.
As I stated earlier, the game came from Steam, not GoG, but my brother has run into no problems with his Steam version and your launcher.

Any help would be appreciated, I really loved this game when it came out, and would love to see how pretty you all have made it.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: I need some help with FS2O
That message is a known issue with the old Launcher; it doesn't actually mean anything. If you install wxLauncher via the Installer, this will go away.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

If you install wxLauncher via the Installer, this will go away.
Wait, since when is wxLauncher included in the Installer? Because I've been systematically directing people to the release thread (which links to the wxLauncher installer) for a while now.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I thought it was in there already? If it isn't, my apologies; X3NO's link should get you what you need.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Njmat

Thank you very much, I must have missed that post when I was looking.  That cleared the problem right up.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I thought it was in there already? If it isn't, my apologies; X3NO's link should get you what you need.

I think it's currently not included since it requires Admin privileges to install.  5.5g is included, though, I believe.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's currently not included because the wxLauncher folks haven't bothered to submit a text file. :)  I think I'll add one myself, though, to make it easier for people to find.  It'll still need admin privileges to install though.