Author Topic: Submit your Fanmail!  (Read 39179 times)

Offline Axem

Hello fan(s),

Bringing you as innovative and unique ideas as "campaigns that are funney" and "anime in campaigns" (as well as "using Ravanas in campaigns"), I bring you this new amazingly original idea that has never been done before ever: Writing fan mail to the in-universe characters.

So I invite you to write Holley, Delta 1, Epsilon 1, mysterious unrevealed characters, or anyone else with your thoughts, questions or poems. Responses may be provided in the thread or answered in the campaign itself!

Or both!

Please note that a behavioral projections may be compiled of users that submit messages, this data may be used for targeted monetization and amortization.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth

What have you all been up to during the INTERMINABLE hiatus? Holley, I imagine you especially must be utterly bored to death without new Beta Testers to kill.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Dear Mysterious Unrevealed Character,

Are you willing to state, for the record, that at no time did you do the thing possibly, but not necessarily, related to the other thing?

Sincerely,
Channel 4 News

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
An Open Letter to the Team:

What are your speculations on FRED's disappearance? Do you think there may be some sort of mutation to wxFred or qtFred (or maybe something in between)?
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
wxFred or qtFred (or maybe something in between)?
Surely not the dreaded qtwxFRED²!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
wxFred or qtFred (or maybe something in between)?
Surely not the dreaded qtwxFRED²!

:warp:
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
To Xoriel: What is your favorite mathematical operation?

To Armoriel: Which do you prefer? Sword or Shield?

To Teleportiel: What is your favorite move in Pokemon?

To Reflectiel: What is your favorite piece of equipment in the Wind Waker?

To Dubstepiel: What is your favorite song?

To Dividiel: What do you like to do more? Factoring or solving polynomials?

To Trinitiel: What is your favorite number?

To The End: What is your favorite mission in retail FS2?
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline Axem

Dear Anyone/Everyone,

What have you all been up to during the INTERMINABLE hiatus? Holley, I imagine you especially must be utterly bored to death without new Beta Testers to kill.

Holley: I have been hard at work engaging in productive captaincy skill training by playing Galaxy of Warships. After months of grinding I finally achieved the T8 Orion (however as usual the good weapons only come with the C hulls). And during loading screens, I am sure to be checking up on the latest holo-shows (Hot shows right now: My Bride is a Vasudan, Bosch's Bizzare Adventure, and My Little Shivan) and sequential static imagery media (Ch 8935 of Ubunruto just got released!).

Delta 1: Undergoing a complete and total retransformation! New haircut, new clothes, new sparks, and a new lease on life! Focus groups tell me that I am now 52% more dashing and 12% more likely to be cast in future hit roles. But while that is still far away, I have taken up as a casual part-time writer for the wonderful and insightful holonet funtainment-news-share-gregator community “Shock’dwave!!” I'll have to make sure some article get posted here once they've been vetted and approved. Sample articles titles include: 10 Underrated Ships With Amazing Pasts, 6 Tips To Avoid Beams and 12 Things You Didn't Know About The Colossus!

Epsilon 1: Reading.

Dear Mysterious Unrevealed Character,

Are you willing to state, for the record, that at no time did you do the thing possibly, but not necessarily, related to the other thing?

Sincerely,
Channel 4 News

Mysterious Unrevealed Character: You don't have any proof. Even if you did, it could have been doctored. But since you don't, there's nothing. But if you do find anything that could be proof, but remember, there's not, please let me know so I may analyze it. Be sure to send all copies and erase your own personal copies so you don't get dragged into what could be a tragic tragic mess. (Actually just give me your IP address, I can take care of the rest) (Actually never mind, I found it)

An Open Letter to the Team:

What are your speculations on FRED's disappearance? Do you think there may be some sort of mutation to wxFred or qtFred (or maybe something in between)?

Delta 1: Cutie FRED? Just how cute are we talking here? A 9? 10? Also qtFred is a she right?

Holley: Speculations on the disappearance? No need to speculate, it was all plainly shown in Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo, starring my hero (and future husband) Alpha 1! He showed that jerk god who was boss with that plot hole bomb he was mysteriously asked to protect.

Epsilon 1: I don't know.

To Xoriel: What is your favorite mathematical operation?
Multiplication! Especially multiplying by -1. It's a flip switch.

To Armoriel: Which do you prefer? Sword or Shield?
Swords, since proper use of the sword can become a mighty shield as well.

To Teleportiel: What is your favorite move in Pokemon?
Metronome, you'll never know what pops up…

To Reflectiel: What is your favorite piece of equipment in the Wind Waker?
Hookshot. Then light arrows.

To Dubstepiel: What is your favorite song?
I will survive.

To Dividiel: What do you like to do more? Factoring or solving polynomials?
Polynomial math is quite challenging, but gives a better payoff. I also enjoy binary tree searches for fun.

To Trinitiel: What is your favorite number?

To The End: What is your favorite mission in retail FS2?
A Game of Tag. For the suffering generated from it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Dear Epsilon 1,

I'd like you to listen to this recording.  This is an excerpt of a classified mission log provided to us by an unidentified source.  Would you care to comment on it?

Sincerely,
Channel 4 News

Offline Axem

Dear Epsilon 1,

I'd like you to listen to this recording.  This is an excerpt of a classified mission log provided to us by an unidentified source.  Would you care to comment on it?

Sincerely,
Channel 4 News

Epsilon 1: While I am unable to say if that had referred to me, I have ejected from my fighter which was in the process of exploding before.

Holley: Hello new ringtone!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Dear Misuzu,

What the heck are you doing trying to sneak into JAD as an Angel Beta Tester? Don't you know Spoon needs you for the amazing WoD remake? I hope you have some brilliant plan to deal with the continuity hijinks this will cause with JAD 2.21.

PS: Why must we fight? You would totally be bros with Holley if you gave her a chance.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Misuzu Stella

• I like to lampshade things
How did you see through my amazing cover?! Anyway, I just moved to a universe where my amazing references and puns are more appreciated!
Also the promise for unlimited power, so easy too, just go around the back!

...But then they left me waiting for like... forever:hopping:
I think I'll just go home.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Anyone/Everyone (besides Misuzu, we know your answer):

What's your most-anticipated in-development HLP campaign (besides your own, of course)?

If your choice is NuInferno, the best and most epic campaign ever, you can have a free Lindos. Limit one Lindos per person.

Also, who's your favorite RWBY character?

No more bribes available, sorry.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:00:26 pm by Lepanto »
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Hi Holly.
Why do you like pink so much?, is there a particular reason or is it just because you turned out girlish and stylish?

Also, if you found yourself stranded on the other side of a dimensional warp forever, with just one of your male squadmates, which one would you pick?
Delta 1 or Epsilon 1?

Think about the possibility of landing in a planet and having to form a new civilization from zero.
Don't worry, this would also mean you'd actually turn into some sort of queen! Not that you aren't right now but, well.. that would be formal.

Cheers!
el hombre vicio...

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Hi Holly.
Why do you like pink so much?, is there a particular reason or is it just because you turned out girlish and stylish?

Also, if you found yourself stranded on the other side of a dimensional warp forever, with just one of your male squadmates, which one would you pick?
Delta 1 or Epsilon 1?

Think about the possibility of landing in a planet and having to form a new civilization from zero.
Don't worry, this would also mean you'd actually turn into some sort of queen! Not that you aren't right now but, well.. that would be formal.

Cheers!

I have a feeling this will only end in tears. :warp:
chief1983

------------

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
To "The End", Whose trust did you lose?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

Anyone/Everyone (besides Misuzu, we know your answer):

What's your most-anticipated in-development HLP campaign (besides your own, of course)?

Holley: Well I can't wait for the next episode of Wings of Dawn to come out! Playing as a girl with amazing ancient godlike light fighter friends is a dream of mine. Aside from that… maybe BWO? For a campaign that started development before I was born, I'm sure it'll have to be the best ever. (ED Note: Now Holley, it hasn't been THAT long...)

Delta 1: The easy answer would be War in Heaven Act 4+5, but let's just disregard that for a second. The noir reconstruction thriller Between the Ashes is looking very fine and I'm sure it's going to be a blockbuster release. All the mystery, shadiness and cloaked machinations emanating from it… I'm really kicking myself for missing the open casting. I'll have to keep an eye out if they announce a sequel…

Epsilon 1: Inferno.

Holley: You know he said he took away the bribes...

Also, who's your favorite RWBY character?

Holley: Yang is best. Anyone who disagrees can leave the internet forever.

Hi Holly.

Holley: Well pink isn't actually my favorite color, its purple. The color of royalty! But I like to sprinkle the pink text where I can to help bring some actual color variety to this ugly den of washed out reds and grays. (Also the default purple here SUCKS) Maybe I should go for rainbow text?

Delta 1 or Epsilon 1?

Holley: Just them...? Delta 1 I guess, he can actually be useful and we might actually have a chance of survival. Though I could trade Epsilon 1 away to the first space aliens I encounter... Life is full of hard choices... (Of course it goes without saying that Alpha 1 would be my preferred candidate!)

Starting a civilization sounds cool, I've already got my faction sheet all ready for the day it happens...

Don't be worried about the poor industry and economy, we would just force the other factions to do the dirty work for us. It'll be a utopia of amazing proportions!

I mean there will be other people there right... it's just not me and one of them?!

To "The End", Whose trust did you lose?

No comment.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:22:29 pm by Axem »

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Good taste, Delta 1. Don't worry, BtA will ROCK. If a sequel comes around, we'll call you.

Epsilon 1, your Lindos is in the mail. Only comes in Tilemapped Gray. Does not come with Berserk System, and will likely get one-shotted by future Beta Testers. Does not come with 10,000-man crew. Some assembly required. Thank you for accepting bribes from the Inferno Bribe Fund. Have a nice day.

We at the Inferno Bribe Committee apologize for any confusion. We meant to say that we only distribute bribes for support of Inferno. Favorite RWBY characters are not covered by the Inferno Bribe Fund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Anyone/Everyone,

If you could fly any ship from any Freespace mod or derivative game, with a free built-in Berserk System, which one would you pick and why?

To Cdr. Mackerel,

How satisfied are you with the pace of your daughter's character development? Do you think she'll have become a more hard-working and caring person by End of GTVAgelion?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:30:03 pm by Lepanto »

Offline Axem

Favorite RWBY characters are not covered by the Inferno Bribe Fund.

Holley: :beamz:

To Anyone/Everyone,

If you could fly any ship from any Freespace mod or derivative game, with a free built-in Berserk System, which one would you pick and why?

Holley: Add it to the Horizon and let me captain it. I guarantee results in SECONDS. OR. Guardian Angel! It might turn into a giant robot! Why aren't you egghead coders getting on this already?!

Delta 1: Kentauri would be pretty awesome. That thing is already mind numbingly fast, adding on some extra speed to it would make it unhittable. Of course it would take a lot of getting used to since my Rhea isn't the most... agile.

Epsilon 1: I would just like my current fighter to have these upgrades.

To Cdr. Mackerel,

How satisfied are you with the pace of your daughter's character development? Do you think she'll have become a more hard-working and caring person by End of GTVAgelion?

Merv: I think Holley is doing very well for herself. She does not make friends easily so I was very happy that she was able to make two new ones so fast. I believe she will be a very mature and responsible adult by the end of all of this trouble.

Holley: Such praise! And what better way to show this appreciation than to raise my allowance…

Merv: No.

Holley: :(

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Holley: Add it to the Horizon and let me captain it. I guarantee results in SECONDS. OR. Guardian Angel! It might turn into a giant robot! Why aren't you egghead coders getting on this already?!
That sounds more like an asset bottleneck than a code bottleneck...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.