Author Topic: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.1 Release Candidate 1  (Read 29405 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Diaspora : Shattered Armistice patch 1.1 Release Candidate 1
http://i.imgur.com/eNppVjV.jpg

fs2_open.log
http://pastebin.com/8VXvxQbL

Tried 10462 with FS2 Titan Rebellion and no go.

Thanks - I found that I'd missed the Diaspora Lead Sight gauge from my fix (silly me didn't test Diaspora previously, only FS2).

For FS2 + Titan Rebellion though, I thought I'd got all the gauges, could you grab a screenshot with that not working correctly so I can see what's going on?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Flygit

I'm sorry, FS2 actually works fine when I disabled cockpit mod. This one: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=84459.0

It uses similar targeting reticle system like in Diaspora. If you can fix the diaspora one then both will propably work?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
ah yes - that makes sense. I committed the fix locally last night but it seems I forgot to push it to SVN, I'll do that tonight hopefully before the next nightly build is created.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Flygit

Works nicely now with both Diaspora and FS2 TitanR.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hurrah, and thanks for testing  :yes:
----
----

Alright...
I got 1.0.4 patch running.
This one is 1.1
Is this a working thing? I see a lot of issues posted here, and it is not clear to me if I should Patch it up to 1.1, or that I shouldn't because it isn't working and I have to do a lot of homework/reading stuff to get it to work as it should.
No guarantees I understand, but if it is working for some whithout any problems/retinkering whatsoever, it would help if they posted too.
Maybe a thread: "Is it working for you without problems..post here" ?
:)
Scoundrilling gay
IT is what they say
Shoot from the hip,
Muggin tha sip
Beware of the Ray!
(The zapp I mean ofcc)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
A lot of people seem to be complaining about the landing issue but I still can't figure out why. I intend to get to the bottom of the issue this week.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
A lot of people seem to be complaining about the landing issue but I still can't figure out why.

I can confirm that the bug also happens in your landing test mission here, I am seeing "Command Land" but my Viper does not lock to the ground.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Now that's interesting. I can't reproduce that on my machine but the fact it happens on yours does rule out some possible issues.

EDIT : Nevermind, I forgot that I didn't add the locking stuff to the test mission. If you're getting the landed message in the test, you have actually triggered the event. Which isn't what is happening in the missions apparently.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:00:26 am by karajorma »

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
any more instructions?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It appears to be a code issue. The is-in-box SEXP isn't triggering when it really should be. Unfortunately my vector maths isn't up to figuring out why.

Can you please release a platform-agnostic .zip of the updated VPs or whatever rather than just a Windows-only installer?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I was expecting the others to be uploaded but I think we got bogged down with the "Can't land" issue so no one has created the Linux or Mac Versions yet.

I'll get a zip of the files up later today.

Yeah I prised the Windows patch apart with Wine and I ran into the landing bug. You said it was a code problem earlier, does that mean it's not fixable with these patches?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The landing bug was introduced in 1.1.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Echelon9

Can you please release a platform-agnostic .zip of the updated VPs or whatever rather than just a Windows-only installer?

I'm holding off releasing a packaged Mac version until we resolve the SEXP landing bug.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I posted a build on this thread which I suspect solves the bug (I simply reverted Goober's fixes to the is-in-box SEXP) but I haven't received any feedback yet. If someone could please test the builds that would help a lot.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Well, there's always this:
Since nobody else has done it yet:

http://deviance.duckish.net/downloads/Diaspora_1.1.7z
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline VPR

I posted a build on this thread which I suspect solves the bug (I simply reverted Goober's fixes to the is-in-box SEXP) but I haven't received any feedback yet. If someone could please test the builds that would help a lot.

Just tested with the above 7z patch file and I can now dock on the mission (advanced difficulty) I was stuck on.

That's really weird considering it was a code issue.