Author Topic: Starcraft II: A Trilogy  (Read 11576 times)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Re: Starcraft II: A Trilogy
Till now Blizzard allways delivered something that was pretty much worth what they charged you to pay and if they continue with that it you won't be ripped of your money but pay for something that is worth its money.
I will wait with my decision if its moneymaking or good till the release/reviews.

Something I fear much more is that Blizzard might jump on the DRM bandwagon. I just read about Fallout3 and Red Alert3 using Securom and that means I won't buy these or buy it but play a pirated version without securom in it but thats pretty unlikely.
I don't get why a company invests into a "protection" that has been cracked in the past and will most likely be cracked the day after the release.

As for WoW. Blizzard charges pretty much the standart prize for it. A prize that is basicly the same for every MMORPG out there. So I don't see why that is money sucking when Blizzard is doing it while its ok for every one else to have the same prize.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Starcraft II: A Trilogy
As for WoW. Blizzard charges pretty much the standart prize for it. A prize that is basicly the same for every MMORPG out there. So I don't see why that is money sucking when Blizzard is doing it while its ok for every one else to have the same prize.
It's people essentially criticizing the whole basis of the free-market system.  Blizzard is offering a certain product for a certain monthly price, and there are obviously millions of people out there who feel that said product is worth said monthly price.  If they didn't, WoW would never have become as insanely successful as it is.  Just because one person doesn't feel that that sort of price is worth it doesn't mean that millions of other people would agree with him.