Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous  (Read 92423 times)

Offline rance

Ghostavo: If your talking about those high paying long ranger smuggling missions, they've need nerfed to pay out less. They did pay a bit too much. 

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
There goes my dream of having a quick Anaconda then... :( was halfway there.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline rance

Do what I did and buy a Python. I believe it's what the youth of today call "A Pimp-mobile":

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I'm in an almost fully kitted Python currently, but I'm starting to regret it. Each time I get into a fight it turns so slowly.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline rance

It takes getting used to, the Python is much better at PvE than PvP. I recommend getting used to switching around your power management to maximize your turn rate, learn how to use FA-Off and fly backwards when attacking smaller ships. However you could sell all that and buy something like a Clipper, Fer De Lance, FedAssult/Gunship and see if that works better for you.

I mainly stick with the Python because it's a good Mulit-role ship that I own a skin for.

What? The DropShip? Things a beast, just add hull reinforcement packages to all internal compartments and you got a indestructible gunship.

Oh, I guess with the armour rebalance that's actually practical now.

vulture 4 lyfe
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Veers

Started playing again in the last few days, wasn't paying attention and ran out of fuel at.. MCC 339 or something I think. I had a Sidewinder in SP with a fuel scoop as I was just flying around exploring at the time. But didn't realise I didn't have it in MP (ship previously destroyed).

Theres a group of players called the FuelRats, call them and they'll come out and supply you with fuel. I thought that was quite neat!

I'm thinking of getting the Adder next, I can get some better Cargo and Exploration out of it than the Sidewinder. That seems to be what I enjoy the most so far. (also flying towards Alliance space, 32 jumps to go)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Veers, the Adder is good if you're still trying to figure out what you like. I had trouble with the pilot's seat being noticeably off of the ship's center-line, though.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 10:18:56 am by IronBeer »
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline rance

Or you could buy a Hauler because it has air conditioning :P
http://i.imgur.com/0aTf6P8.png?1

The Hauler is unquestionably the best exploration platform in the game. It's incredibly cheap and its jump range with an exploration rig is 28ly vs. 32 or so for ships that cost ten times as much. Refitting your ship is absurdly cheap and exploration takes forever; don't waste time trying to fly a generalist outside the inhabited bubble.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Veers

I'll probably take the Adder, simply because I don't know what I really want to do just yet. So it helps with a bit of both.

But I'm not upgrading until I make it to an Alliance-held system anyway (Can't use the map very well, on my way to LP 385-58)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I'm mining at the Kaushpoos CG in my Clipper. 

It's pretty lucrative.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Since the last post i've earned 60 million from mining and the CG
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Bump because it's currently 66% off on Steam, which is a pretty amazing deal.

I saw. I picked it up, did the training, and tooled around a little bit.
It's amazing looking, but I feel like it would be improved about 300% with VR. So I can't wait for that even more now.

Offline rance

Yeah if anyone wants to buy it, now is the time as it's only £10 until December 1st. Alas Fallout 4 has taken up a lot of my time but I'll likely return to the cockpit of my Python (not an innuendo) when horizons is released.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Just picked it up.  Lack of a real tutorial is annoying, but after figuring out how to request docking things seem fine.  Onward.

Offline rance

There are training missions that cover most things, but they aren't the most clear. I hope you enjoy it!

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
There are training missions that cover most things, but they aren't the most clear. I hope you enjoy it!
There aren't training missions. There are sandboxes, mislabelled "training missions", where you are left to your own devices to helplessly search through pages of control bindings to find the one thing you're trying to do.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline rance

IIRC They put prompts up one the screen for which buttons your supposed to press.