Author Topic: INFR2  (Read 6553 times)

Hi,

This is not a nag , but im just curious if the INF Team intends to release an official campaign following up the events of what happened in Inferno after the arrival of the Gigas

I know in FAQ page 1 it says 'dont ask' , but im just curious why its so taboo?

The R1 storyline was scrapped and is now being redone in Inferno SCP. The basic plot remains intact, but some changes have been introduced (for instance, the Ancients, who would have made an appearance, are no longer going to do so). Also some ships, such as the Gigas and Amritaya, have gotten a major makeover, and look totally different. Beyond that, nothing is known. Still in development, and not likely to be released anytime soon.

In the meantime, occupy yourself with Inferno: Alliance, a prequel set in Sol after the Lucy blew the node.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
May I know why you're excluding the presence of the Ancients? Anyway, INF SCP will add a lot to the EA's role and power. While in INFR1 the EA was an easy to defeat opponent in INF SCP it will appear like a serious threat for the GTVA. You will see many GTVA ships fall under the EA's firepower (Rampage dixit).

INFA SA is every day closer to the release, so you should have something new to play at in a matter of months. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

I'm not excluding the presence of the Ancients, Inferno's writers are. At least, last I'd heard. You've heard they've been put back in?

I know Gateways is to feature them, but that's not part of the main story, IIRC.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The EA will still have the Icanus under construction during the GTVA-EA war, right?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yes, pretty true...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Its just that INF R1 was a real cliffhanger - just when you thought things were going to get good and all those giant ships you saw in the tech room that havent been used were about to be used in missions, you dont get to see em  :(

But i understand reason behind it, nevertheless INF R1 was an amazing campaign, but im sure INF:SCP will be better.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It will be. They've been working on it for years.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I seem to recall that in the new INF storyline (I.E., redux of the R1 storyline), the EA will have penetrated deeper than in old R1, where they only made it to Delta Serpentis and Ross 128.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

It was a helluva campaign thats for sure. Cant wait to see more.

I have a nasty feeling im going to be banned, tagged with some horrible nickname, and shunned for life just for starting this topic. :shaking:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I would shun you for using that horrible phrase "INFR2".

It's like the equivalent of saying "FS3" for the Inferno Night Café.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The new generation of Inferno releases will have many new feature. The most considerable development involves FREDding and plot rather than modding.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I would shun you for using that horrible phrase "INFR2".

It's like the equivalent of saying "FS3" for the Inferno Night Café.
I don't see why it's a problem, since you guys seem to have gone out of your way to create a set of acronyms that would make a NASA employee wince. :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Two mods have a lot of acronyms. INFA and INF SCP are two, separate mods.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline mr.WHO

But i understand reason behind it, nevertheless INF R1 was an amazing campaign, but im sure INF:SCP will be better.

Will be better if will be ever release  :doubt:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Two mods have a lot of acronyms. INFA and INF SCP are two, separate mods.

And then there's INFASA and INF SCP. :p

Oh, and S:AH too.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
There's no radical difference between INFASA and INFA if you don't consider the campaign and the fact that INFASA is standalone.

The INF team has nothing to do with S:AH, anyway.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It would be about a hundred times more complicated if the entire mod was called simply, "Inferno".

Then we'd have people saying "I was playing that Inferno campaign thing where... Uhh, you know there's those Terran dudes and there's that giant ship that kicks ass...."

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
:lol:

If people are doubtful they should check the FreeSpace Wiki. Everything's explained there.
The Lightblue Ribbon