Author Topic: Mouse side buttons.  (Read 950 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I know this topic has been raised may times in the past, but I wonder if anyone has worked out since then how to get FS to recognise additional mouse buttons, such as side buttons and the like. I'm using a Razor Deathadder chroma.

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Could you use something like virtual key to map the mouse buttons to keyboard presses? That's what I use for using two joysticks.  :)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The fireware level code currently supports 3 main buttons (Left, Right, Middle) 2 mousewheels (Y scroll and X scroll, both treated as 2 buttons each), 2 extra buttons (X1, and X2), and of course the mouse cursor position (X and Y)

These are, or were at the time, all of the mouse controls that SDL supports.  So anything more than this would need another hardware lib to access.  In all likelyhood, the Razer's software already has its own re-mapping capabilities, so it might be possible to map those extra buttons to a Joystick controller.

I thought at one point I had a test build which mapped the mouse buttons to joystick buttons (mousewheels included), but I'm not sure what had happened to it.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.