Author Topic: Featurez build  (Read 18865 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well the thing is if you want the game to render anything in a fasion that resembles quick you need to pack as many pollies into a draw comand as posable, what the gr_screen function does is makes one four sided polygon, wich later gets turned into two triangles, what  I need to do is add an option for drawing triangle lists (and point lists for that matter, that'd make the particle system slightly less painfull) and make a member function to the poly_list class for adding 2d elements to it, though it realy shouldn't be too hard, if it wasn't 4 am and I was going to wake up in two hours to go to school tomarwo I'd do it right now.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

Er, do you mean the cockpit warning that comes up in debug mode?

Yes. And Did it appears into ingame mission too ??

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
ok graphics are fixed. i made the edge s 28 pixels wide, though that might not be enough.

btw freespace is still running in the background :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 04:06:11 am by 766 »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Hum, could you add into this new feature, a scrollbar for the ships list ? because I can see all the ships.

And i found 1 silly bug, when i want see the Colossus, my 3D card crashed, I mean, VPU recover from my ATI card reinitialized my 3D card because of an unknown graphic problem.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Whoot, glowpoints are coming!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
On an unrelated note, is there a reason I can't play nebula missions anymore?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Okay, new build.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C20050301.zip

This build is provided as-is. It has:

- Changes to the turret AI code to make it speedier when enemies aren't present
- Changes to the techroom, these probably won't help with the crashing, but did remove some unneeded function calls. I''ve not been able to figure out what's causing it to crash; if I could reproduce it, it'd probably be immediately evident what the problem is and how to fix it, but I can't (not running with retail FS2 data anyway)
- The edit-ship-specs ingame thingy. Some stuff doesn't do anything. The controls will try to enforce values that don't crash. Note that stuff is saved when you press enter in the box; if the value changes, it means the one you entered was bad. Also, the cursor is always considered at the end of the entry box.
- The freezing bug mid-mission should be fixed, thanks to taylor.
-C

Oh.. a new build? I will check it ;)

EDIT: I still have freezes.. now after 2:38 Minutes in 2 different Missions.

But i haven't tested it without Music.. i use following Commands:
-spec -glow -jpgtga -d3dmipmap -2d_poof -rlm -nobeampierce -dualscanlines -targetinfo -3dwarp -ballistic_gauge -smart_shields
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 01:17:53 pm by 1821 »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Deepstar
I still have freezes.. now after 2:38 Minutes in 2 different Missions.

I've still got a few more related changes to make but if -nomusic had worked before then this one change should fix it.  How bad it gets appears to depend on what system and dlls you have though so that one fix may not be enough for everyone.  I tried making the fix game wide but then it was hanging constantly, on load, on exit, techroom, etc.  I'm testing the newer, more specific fixes now and if I can't get it to hang then I'll add everything to CVS.

Oh and I did cause this by the way so no praise from anyone for fixing it. :rolleyes:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
*praises taylor for fixing something else*

Seriously, how many bugs have you fixed, total? :p

Offline Falcon

Freespace 2 just keeps getting better and better :)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Originally posted by Goober5000
Seriously, how many bugs have you fixed, total? :p

Uhh, never kept track.  Assuming that you actually want to know: mantis stats show 43 resolved at the moment, but between the Linux specific stuff and things that aren't in mantis... 4, maybe 5 times that many as a rough guess.  I'm counting a few icculus.org fixes that I brought over too so that many over about 3 years isn't really that many in the end.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
holy ****.

That's even more bugs than I've made. (I hope :nervous: )
-C

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
ha! it's no were near as many bug as I've made!
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
This build locks up on me at 2 seconds mission time... in 2 attempts.  Sorry WMCoolmon, but until a new build comes out where NO-ONE complains about a lockup, I'm gonna stick with PhReAk's late January build.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
This build locks up on me at 2 seconds mission time... in 2 attempts.  Sorry WMCoolmon, but until a new build comes out where NO-ONE complains about a lockup, I'm gonna stick with PhReAk's late January build.

I've still got some lockup fixes that aren't in CVS yet, been testing them.  So far every lockup that I have been able to reproduce is fixed.  I don't want to put out a new build yet though (already enough of them) and I don't want to make WMCoolmon do a new build just for this so I'll PM you a link if you don't mind giving it a quick try.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
PM recieved and build downloaded, though I may not be able to test this until Saturday.  Thanks though.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
PM recieved and build downloaded, though I may not be able to test this until Saturday.  Thanks though.

Not a problem.  If it works ok let us know.  I'll hold off on getting all of that in CVS until I know one way or the other.  Though I've got a fealing that others might find the build and give it a test too. :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I managed to find the time to test it just now, and it worked like a charm... it even has Bob's repair of the alt-tab!!! I experienced no lockups while testing this build.  The only real problem I could see was the reversed scrolling direction for the ships and weapons in the preflight loadout and ship selection.  This bug has already been reported in this thread.  My advice is to commit your lockup fix.

One other thing... this may have been in other builds too, and I just haven't been able to test them to notice this, but has someone improved the thuster effects?  I didn't see any clipping (though I only viewed 1 capital ship, a medical frigate) around the thrusters.  Either way... this is good.

Until this fix is commited and someone creates a new build including it, yours will become my new build of choice, taking over for PhReAk's from late January.

Later!