Author Topic: 20050722 build  (Read 18153 times)

Offline kie-san

I'm getting this error just after opening it

Error: weapons.tbl(603):
Error: Required token = [@Laser Color:], found [@Laser Glow:                           2_lasergl]
in weapon: @Galatea Laser.

File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 531
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also getting a double cursor on menus and a cursor in mission

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Looks like there's an error in your weapons table.  What mod are you using?  Can you post the @Galatea Laser entry?

Offline Mav

Ok, FSopen is mostly working for me by now. :)

Sadly, I have a strange issue with Fred's wing-editor :( (Goober's Fred 0715-build):

If I try to build a new mission from scratch, it seems to work perfectly. But if I try to edit an older mission of mine, I can only select player wings and one or two others; while getting error messages about having duplicate wing names or such if I try to select others (before it displays the new wings' data). Actually those messages are even displayed for the wings which I can edit.
The message is something like "Another wing is already called xxx. Reset name? yes no".
I even get those error messages if I try to edit the ships that belong to a wing (though they don't prevent me from anything there).

Could anyone please look into this?:nervous:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Reported it and added it to Mantis already. Although I thought it was just a TvT bug at the time. Are you working on Multiplayer by any chance?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mav

Errm yes, I was trying to edit some MP-missions at that time (or what was your question about?).
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I was just wondering if the problem had spread to single player.

If you've got anything to add to my report I'm sure it should prove useful.

Offline Mav

Umm - seems like I'll have to get a Mantis (or whatever is currently used) account finally, as I'm now a bit more often here...

About the bug:
It seems to have spread near everywhere, for me at least. I got it with gauntlets (which are co-op), dogfights (slightly extended ones, that is ;) ) and also one SP mission, I think. :(

Hope someone can fix it (and will try to get the mentioned account this weekend). :)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by Mav
Hope someone can fix it (and will try to get the mentioned account this weekend). :)

I think Goober already fixed it.  Wait for the next build and make sure though.

Offline Mav

:o Errmmm... - seems like I remembered something wrong:
The bug is there in co-op and dogfight (I really tried this), but it seems like I didn't test SP earlier (though I thought so). I tested it two days ago just to be sure I reported correctly, and guess what - the bug wasn't there... :o
Ok, so now the status is for me the following: The bug is there in all MP-missiontypes (co-op, TvT and dogfight), but not in SP.
Might it have to do something with the extension of the wing-naming system (player wings being able to be called something else then Alpha, Beta, etc.) ?:confused:

Oh, and if it's already fixed, then I'll happily await the next FRED-release. :)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It's fixed apparently. Should be in the new FRED version Phreak posted but I haven't had the time yet to check it out.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Mav
:o Errmmm... - seems like I remembered something wrong:
The bug is there in co-op and dogfight (I really tried this), but it seems like I didn't test SP earlier (though I thought so). I tested it two days ago just to be sure I reported correctly, and guess what - the bug wasn't there... :o
Ok, so now the status is for me the following: The bug is there in all MP-missiontypes (co-op, TvT and dogfight), but not in SP.
Might it have to do something with the extension of the wing-naming system (player wings being able to be called something else then Alpha, Beta, etc.) ?:confused:
I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it yet again: Don't try to debug if you're not a programmer.  Same reason you don't try to diagnose if you're not a doctor.  You just give us the symptoms, and we'll figure it out.  The cause of this bug was nothing more fantastic than a missing "=" sign.  It's fixed in the newest FRED build.

Offline Mav

Sorry, I was only speculating in case it might help. You're completely free to ignore these speculations, of course. :)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

my models, now with pics