Author Topic: C09032008  (Read 15773 times)

Offline Narmon

After I've upgraded to this build (and the 3.6.10 beta vps. I'm not sure whether them or this build is responsible) I now have a strange computer voice reading the mission briefings and the techroom stuff  :nervous:
I've got the German version and it actually tries to speek german, though you don't understand much  :D   

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You'll want to flip off the simulated speech options on the Speech tab in the Launcher.  It surprised the heck out of me the other day when I was doing some testing with a build that flipped them on by default. :p

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Although the claim has been buried by other stuff since it was said, I would like to point out something.

Although a warp effect without a ship might not be that useful in BtRL or TAP, using it with the render model code could be used very nicely if you have background stuff going on or something.

Offline Narmon

You'll want to flip off the simulated speech options on the Speech tab in the Launcher.  It surprised the heck out of me the other day when I was doing some testing with a build that flipped them on by default. :p

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's not that the build flips them on in your launcher, it's that most testing builds have them completely disabled, so that even checking the boxes doesn't actually enable it.  They were probably just left checked from a prior run when they were used.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Although the claim has been buried by other stuff since it was said, I would like to point out something.

Although a warp effect without a ship might not be that useful in BtRL or TAP, using it with the render model code could be used very nicely if you have background stuff going on or something.

I can actually think of plenty of uses for it in BtRL, so it'd be very nice to have :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Not sure if this belongs here or in Mantis - feel free to correct me.

With this build, I have invisible Asmodeus and Mephisto. Also wonky collisions - guns pass right through, while Harpoons do damage.

I went back to the previous build I was using (20080723_chief_4712) and everythiing works.

I'm using 3.6.10 beta Media VPs including Adv Effects, SDR1119, 8X A/F and AA, Resolution 1680X1050

Athlon 64 X2 4200, 2GB RAM, Geforce 7900 GS

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It actually doesn't belong on mantis, unless the same bug still occurs in C08302008 or any of the more recent nightly builds.
-C

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm a bit lost.

What (Windows XP) launcher should I use with this?
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken