Author Topic: Antipodes 6 (r6533)  (Read 13672 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Kolgena, can you please post sound issues in the threads for the new sound code, as mentioned above by Zacam? While your feedback is good, it's not the subject of this particular thread. This is supposed to be about graphical issues.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
as a side report, everything here works very nicely with TAP assets, including the postprocessing stuff.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
Wow, it feels like i get new rig by touch of the magical rod.
Pure genius.

Thx.

Now finally I can enjoy BP and other fresh campaign.

BTW.

If someone still get low fps issue, make sure you have updated drivers for realtek HD(if you had one) and dual core optimiser for amd dual based rigs. 

Lesson learn from X3:TC and work in FS just fine, even on standard builds.
What if ?

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
and dual core optimiser for amd dual based rigs. 

FS does not use dual cores. The best you can do for FS is put it on a core that nothing else is (or can) use.

Offline Kolgena

If you die, the bloom overlay gets stuck on the last frame you see before dying. The game continues as normal, but you get this ghost effect that you can see from the screen shot. This is after I got OHKO'd by a beam I was unlucky enough to be in the way of.

This is 100% reproducible on my setup.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
If you die, the bloom overlay gets stuck on the last frame you see before dying. The game continues as normal, but you get this ghost effect that you can see from the screen shot. This is after I got OHKO'd by a beam I was unlucky enough to be in the way of.

This is 100% reproducible on my setup.
I think that there was some sort of hack in the original code that had something to do with the death view.  I didn't replicate that in the new code though, since I wasn't sure if it was there because it was actually needed or because the old code was crap.

Should be an easy thing to fix.  I'll go through and get it sorted in the next day or two. :)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Will this get incorporated into the nightly builds?
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Once we're certain that we've found and fixed as many bugs as we can, it will.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Macfie

Ran into a problem while playing the Vasudan Imperium.  In the last mission there is a movie that plays when the lucifer arrives.  The bottom half of the screen has a transparent white overlay.  This only appears while using the Antipodes 6 build.  It is repeatable, but it is not there with the 3.6.12r build.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Could you compare to the latest nightly?  Antipodes is based on that, so it could be a bug already in the latest trunk code.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Macfie

I tried it on the latest nightly, 6547 and it worked correctly.  It appears to be unique to Antipodes 6 (r6533).

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Ran into a problem while playing the Vasudan Imperium.  In the last mission there is a movie that plays when the lucifer arrives.  The bottom half of the screen has a transparent white overlay.  This only appears while using the Antipodes 6 build.  It is repeatable, but it is not there with the 3.6.12r build.
Do you have post-processing enabled?  If so then it's probably the same bug that someone mentioned earlier with the death scene.  The next available Antipodes build should have that issue fixed if it was the cause.

Offline Macfie

Yes I have post processing enabled.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Does it still happen with post-processing disabled?

If not (and I'm guessing not) then I'll assume that it's the same bug that was reported earlier, which is fixed in SVN.  Just remember to check for it in the next Antipodes build and let me know if it still happens.

Offline Macfie

When I disabled post processing the problem went away, so it appears this is the same bug reported earlier.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
New Antipodes 6 build (6b/c) that should have that bug fixed here.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays