Author Topic: Voice casting recruiting (again)  (Read 8115 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Voice casting recruiting (again)
Progress is being made on voice acting, but we're looking for more people to fill in roles and flesh out the voice cast.

All submissions should be 32bit 44100hz .wav files.
Try to provide clean takes with no processing. All processing on voices is done by our audio engineer.

For submissions, please try a few takes of a couple of these lines:
"Check your six, pilot!"
"Bogeys on DRADIS!"
"Krypter! Krypter! Krypter! ARRRG---" (basically a death message)

Don't over-act or over-emote. Use your natural voice for these takes.
In general we're looking for one person per part but if you have a good vocal range and can convincingly do multiple parts, that is more than welcome.

We need people who will take direction well, are willing to redo takes, and are able to complete all assigned lines in a timely fashion.

Send samples to:
[email protected]

Casting List-

Major characters:
Lieutenant Andrew "Hammer" Holtz
A sagittarion, Holtz has been assigned to recon Raptor duty since entering the service four years ago. While a ECO, he has been passed over for promotion due to his laid back attitude. Holtz's term of duty will be over once the Theseus finishes her scheduled refit and has made plans to marry his sweetheart back home and begin work with his family's construction firm which has been renovating the business district of Tauron's capital. Holtz takes the news of the destruction of the Colonies hard, and fills with determination to strike back at the Cylons for what he has lost.
Note: Late 20s or early 30s, uses sarcasm and a veneer of apathy to hide his fears about the Cylon attack

Lt. Manhardt (CNP Trainer):
Manhardt is tied to the CNP pilot qualifications program, a very strict and by the book officer who has been making the rounds on assessing pilot performance with the Command Network Program.
Note: Either sex mid 20s to early 40s.  Must have clear pronunciation and standard American or Canadian accents. Received pronunciation (RP) British accents also acceptable.

Pilots: Either sex, mid 20s to early 40s. Must have clear pronunciation and standard American or Canadian accents. Received pronunciation (RP) British accents also acceptable.
These roles include pilot persona lines (general dialog) and dialog during each mission.

Chaser

Washout
Duke
Snider
Vertigo

Crispy
Joker

Shadow
Orphan
Flask
Wizard
Widow
Slowboat
Reptile

Military ships: Either sex, mid 20s to early 40s. Must have clear pronunciation and standard American or Canadian accents. Received pronunciation (RP) British accents also acceptable.

Theseus
Sabazius
Theseus Launch Officer
Theseus Landing Signal Officer

Evac Raptor 1
THE-012

Civilian ships: Either sex, all ages (mid 20s and above), all accents permitted as long as the dialog is clear and understandable

Prometheus: Another major role, the communications officer of Prometheus. An older sounding voice actor would be preferred, someone sounding somewhat world-weary.

Golden Eagle
Keplaw
Concordia

Azure Sunrise
Gemenon Heart
Queen Vera
Warwick
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:34:39 pm by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Re: Voice casting recruiting (again)
Is there a general timetable set for submissions/processing?
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
There is, we're aiming for the send of the month for all lines to be done by VAs. So send in a sample ASAP if interested.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I just found this topic as being outside GD is like expecting a goldfish to survive on a kitchen worktop for me.

Friday :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
We're still looking for people willing to voice some civilian parts and some shuttles/transports.

So please send in samples to the E-mail address given in the first post.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Do the audition lines for pilots still work for civilian ships? Those lines don't seem to fit quite as well...

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
The same audition lines are used since it gives a good sense of your range and a standard measure.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Aether

Have you tried posting in other BSG fan forums? I'm sure there would be lots of people who would jump at the chance to voice act for the game! Most of them would probably be expecting a Viper or Raptor role but there would eventually be some people willing to do the civilian roles for you in the end I'm sure. I know I was glad to!
It's also a handy way to spread the word about the game itself!

Thought I'd bring it up anyway.
So say we all!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Problem is that after the ModDB incident we're trying to keep a relatively low profile and posting on any of the big sites might get us a lot more attention than we wanted.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

Hopefully this won't be an issue for further releases, but for now we're happily doing a low altitude below radar flyby :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Aether

Didn't think of that. I suppose it's good to keep things "in house" for now then.

I guess all we can do now is reach out to friends and twist their arms a little  :lol:
So say we all!

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
Everything that's not striked out we still need voiced, so send samples and have your friends send samples.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline newman

so send samples and have your friends send samples.

Just not the ones that go into plastic cups, please. There was some confusion about that in the past.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Mr CharlieCharlie

• Golf?...a good walk spoiled!
Hi chaps, have recently joined the community as a player\fan of the Freespace Universe. I'm based in the UK and have been trained as an actor and have done some voice work before. I've been out of the acting scene for a few years but still have a good vocal range based around RP and British regional accents. I have been looking to get into the voice over aspect of the modding and would appreciate any info on the subject...I have a pretty basic computer rig and would be grateful if you anyone could put me in the right direction as to the recorded submission aspect of my entry(how to record 32bit 44100hz files)? Oh, and I'd like to mention that there are no small roles, only small actors, so, anything would do.. :lol:

Thanks for any help you can give  :)
"All three of 'em in London..Damn 'em!"

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
Hi chaps, have recently joined the community as a player\fan of the Freespace Universe. I'm based in the UK and have been trained as an actor and have done some voice work before. I've been out of the acting scene for a few years but still have a good vocal range based around RP and British regional accents. I have been looking to get into the voice over aspect of the modding and would appreciate any info on the subject...I have a pretty basic computer rig and would be grateful if you anyone could put me in the right direction as to the recorded submission aspect of my entry(how to record 32bit 44100hz files)? Oh, and I'd like to mention that there are no small roles, only small actors, so, anything would do.. :lol:

Thanks for any help you can give  :)

Hi, if you want you can record to 16 bit/44.100. it's enough for a good voice, since all of your lines will be heavily distorted with radio communications effect.
Please just be careful with audio clipping and background noise and using a decent microphone are the only suggestion i can give.
Plus, i suggest you to download Audacity: it's a free audio editing software that is more than good for what you have to do.
If you can send samples would be great, after that i'll go more deep with suggestions if you need them.

Thanks.
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Aether

Also, don't be afraid to try an American accent for another role!  :)

More roles, more glory!  :lol:

So say we all!

Also, don't be afraid to try an American accent for another role!  :)

More roles, more glory!  :lol:

Thanks muchly for all the responses, that will help a great deal...really want to be a part of the process and am indeed willing to try lots of different accents and as you say, more roles more glory..

Thanks guys...watch this space  ;7

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
Please send samples to the Diaspora voices gmail account, just wanting to make sure that you're not going to post as attachments on the board ;)
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Things coming your way fellas...hope they might be useful

Ta  ;)

Offline Aether

Four more to go.

What's the status of the VA? Do we have enough actors?
So say we all!