Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 908343 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
One thing I've never understood about BP is why did the GTVA want to conquer the Sol system in the first place?  Something about that compared to the rest of the FS history doesn't add up.

There is an enormous amount of material in the techroom or on the Blue Planet website explaining just that. And yeah, it adds up.

Offline crizza

I've got a small question:
What happend to those ships which defected to the UEF?
Are they the reason, why third fleet isn't allowed to use the logistics ship or are they simply part of this spooky project of first fleet...

And by the way, excuse my bad english.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
a) they are fighting with UEF-Forces.
b) Or they never defected really to the UEF of course. They defected to the Fedayeen (like the Great War pilots).
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
It was Duke, Labouchere and Solace right? It's likely that whatever combat ships defected to the UEF were tasked with defending da seckret projekt, while the Solace herself was involved in it directly. It makes sense since I doubt the Feds will aggresively deploy two ships they're unfamiliar with and that they likely can't crew themselves.

• Buntu!
You forgot the Sanctuary.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
If you think about it, how much more valuable are those ships undamaged? The UEF has a window into how GTVA ships and crews operate. They can look for weaknesses in the crew structure and overall hull of the vessel, as well as picking up new things that the GTVA perhaps does a bit better.

Offline crizza

Aye...this makes sense...but what about the GTD Temeraire, according to the freespace wiki, the ship defected post mission, but reading the conversations, it sounds that the ship jumped back to Delta serpentis.

• Buntu!

Hm, I think that many crew members defect, the ships itself stays with the GTVA (poorly, I liked the Temeraire and Rear Admiral Carey).
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Carey did her part. She's never mentioned directly in War in Heaven, but she plays a key role in the plot.

Offline crizza

Now that you mentioned it...was she the spy who Steele turned?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Interesting. I had always found it hard to believe Lopez, being the caring sort of officer she is, would go along with such a ruthless plan especially when it presented such a huge amount of danger to her crews. The sort of tension between her and Steele in that discussion is exactly how I played it out in my head before having read 'conversations'.

There is of course the unanswered question of how Steele managed to turn Carey. Assuming it really was Carey that supplied information to the Feds for the Carthage Op.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Interesting things happen at Blackbird Village.

Offline -Norbert-

The UEF never learned of the identity of the mole. They could have just used her communicator and the UEF never would have known someone else sent the message.
But if it really was Carey, then they probably brainwashed or blackmailed her into doing it.

And I really don't think that Steele was the one to turn her, if she really was turned. He was just the one to reap the benefits of that turning.

I hope WiH2 will play out the growing resentment between Lopez and Steele a bit more, maybe even up to the point were she refuses to go along with his insane schemes and is removed from her post. Defecting to the UEF would go too far for her though I think.

Offline -Sara-

The UEF never learned of the identity of the mole. They could have just used her communicator and the UEF never would have known someone else sent the message.
But if it really was Carey, then they probably brainwashed or blackmailed her into doing it.

And I really don't think that Steele was the one to turn her, if she really was turned. He was just the one to reap the benefits of that turning.

I hope WiH2 will play out the growing resentment between Lopez and Steele a bit more, maybe even up to the point were she refuses to go along with his insane schemes and is removed from her post. Defecting to the UEF would go too far for her though I think.

Or Steele goes so far with a motto of "the ends justify the means" that Lopez will try and see him removed from his post.

Either way I got this gut feeling that the Shivans will show up again to force alliances.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
That's what I'm thinking too, but now a days, I beginning to think of the Shivans as a cliche theme.  Someone needs to come up with something more original, you know?  Change it up a bit!
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We have stated that we're committed to resolving the UEF/GTVA war storyline on its own terms, using the elements that have been put into play.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Someone needs to come up with something more original, you know?  Change it up a bit!
Make it an angry AI Pyrgos swarm. :D

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
We have stated that we're committed to resolving the UEF/GTVA war storyline on its own terms, using the elements that have been put into play.

Quite a political-esque statement there. :P I'm hoping that means there'll still be room for Vasudans to come into play in some form or another. Does this statement also cover Mr Cuddles?

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
This is THE campaign. I can't describe the epicness of this mod, they didn't make words with enough volume yet. The only thing i totally hate on WiH is that it seems like herecy to play it for the second time. It has such a great story that going through it again is like touching the greatest tabu of all times :D Not even my favourite book (The foundation) deserved that honor from me  :nod: Epic job *wonders if he's gonna survive the waiting for the next part*
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::