Author Topic: Interface art  (Read 38453 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Woah, that looks awesome! :)

Would it make it more realistic if Pilot Selection were changed to Pilot Roster? Like they would probably have on a Battlestar or any ship carrying spacecraft really.

Just a suggestion though, and I could think of plenty of reasons why it wouldn't fit, but it just occurred to me as a "Spur-of-the-moment" thing.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
You're right, Pilot Roster sounds better. I'll change it when I get the chance.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You're right, Pilot Roster sounds better. I'll change it when I get the chance.
:)

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
I was never the biggest fan of the interface art in the "other" mod, but so far this looks great, well polished!

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Here's the release candidate for the thing... last call for any major suggestions and such, since the rest of the the interface is more or less going to look pretty much the same and I wont be changing anything big later on.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Melikes ;7 :yes:
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Not liking the brown tiling in the background... Good otherwise though.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:11:47 am by Hellstryker »

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Didn't they use a white board for the pilot list?
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Wouldn't work very well with the computerised font the pilot list uses though. If we had about a dozen more coders to play around with the interface then having it as the whiteboard might be nice.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Just examinen the angles

xD

Question: Will we see interior battles like we did in 'the other mod', I really enjoyed blowing up toasters inside an asteroid.

The Silent Threat Reborn team also did an interior battle, involving flying inside a space station and destroying a bomber trying to destroy the core of said station.
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
:) Looks Good

Offline Fish

• Nugget
The texturing and lighting looks great :D But are the button icons standard FS2?

The icons representing single- and multi-player, and the copy/delete icons, and even the up/down icons all look quite stock (and unrelated to BSG). I guess you can't use Viper silhouettes, but hmm...
<><

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Looks fantastic!  Very true to the show and also very usable.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
What sort of highlight mouse over effects will be displayed under this interface?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
What sort of highlight mouse over effects will be displayed under this interface?

The buttons lighting up I suppose

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
For some reason the background makes me think I'm looking down at a bathroom scale from the future.

Better than anything I could do though.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Not like the brown tiling in the background... Good otherwise though.
It's supposed to be a slightly rusty/copperish plating. As I dislike using pure grey in anything, it stays :P

Question: Will we see interior battles like we did in 'the other mod', I really enjoyed blowing up toasters inside an asteroid.
Not in R1. We liked being able to fly inside the asteroid too thought, so maybe in the future.

The texturing and lighting looks great :D But are the button icons standard FS2?

The icons representing single- and multi-player, and the copy/delete icons, and even the up/down icons all look quite stock (and unrelated to BSG). I guess you can't use Viper silhouettes, but hmm...
I'm keeping some of the stock FS2 icons that are generic enough (how do you make an arrow look BSGish anyway?) and replacing others with new ones. The create/clone/delete buttons are actually BSG rank pip silhouettes.

Button lights up on highlight, and is pressed down when you click it.

For some reason the background makes me think I'm looking down at a bathroom scale from the future.
All the textures are from cgtextures.com and are actually real photos. I just tweak them a lot and create separate color-, diffuse-, shine-, reflection- and normalmaps for rendering purposes.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

All the textures are from cgtextures.com and are actually real photos. I just tweak them a lot and create separate color-, diffuse-, shine-, reflection- and normalmaps for rendering purposes.

I didn't really say it looked fake or anything. It just... looks like floor tile. *shrugs*

Offline Narvi

I'm keeping some of the stock FS2 icons that are generic enough (how do you make an arrow look BSGish anyway?) and replacing others with new ones. The create/clone/delete buttons are actually BSG rank pip silhouettes.

Cut off all the corners.  :drevil:

Offline Fish

• Nugget

Ah, nice touch. I just had a thought that you could use Dradis-like icons for the single/multi buttons? The shape is identical regardless of the type of fightercraft, but it distinguishes between a single ship and a wing.
<><