How did you go on your first 'Dive Dive Dive Hit your burners pilot!"

I survived, my reflexes are amazing
39 (47%)
I veered off, but in the wrong direction and died
24 (28.9%)
I freaked out and died.
20 (24.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Your very first dive....  (Read 11574 times)

Re: Your very first dive....
I dove and survived because I'm cool like that. Later died though.

Waited a day or so before I came back to FS2 and forgot all about it. Was eating cereal when I heard the "DIVE DIVE DIVE", promptly remembered, grabbed the stick and dove like a mad man. Survived but had to quit playing because I had spilled milk and cinammon toast crunch all over my clothes.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Me? I went up.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Me? I went up.
I went up too... I had no voiceacting at that time (playing in MP on FS2:Colossus) so I didn't get the message until I was a bug on the windshield. I went up, just so ya know.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I died like a wuss
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I dove dove dove the first time. :cool:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
When i first got fs2 in early 2000, i played about half the game, and came back to it later. I brought fs2 to my friends house, and he kept failing the training sessions. I was like you gotta do what they tell you so you learn how to play,  he was like what? He said he wanted to do the training mission, but he was just being retarded and would never stop shooting the instructor. I quickly realized this is a game where you have to do what you're told. If alpha one is told by command to take out the beams of a sath pretty much by himself well then a1 better gosh darn go on that kind of a suicide mission while saying **** you command in your head...otherwise you fail the mission with a court martial or something.

So yeah when i heard dive dive dive. Dive = down in my head at the time so i dove while hitting my burners. Hell you get the impression that you warped in right in front of a huge ass ship about to warp out anyway pretty good. But, i was a hood ornament several other times when i replayed that mission (i like that mission a lot, and i didn't dive fast enough the other times :( ). Btw what's with everyone pulling up on first instinct when told to dive? Now that i find odd :)

Was eating cereal when I heard the "DIVE DIVE DIVE", promptly remembered, grabbed the stick and dove like a mad man. Survived but had to quit playing because I had spilled milk and cinammon toast crunch all over my clothes.

Reminds me of when i was like 4, and my brother was 6, and he was pooring milk on his cereal. So i tickled him in the armpit and he spilled half a gallon of milk. He got mad, and i was laughing, and really i just wanted to see what would happen, and it was funny. That was a lot of milk on the floor :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Btw what's with everyone pulling up on first instinct when told to dive? Now that i find odd :)

Flight simulators.  Down = bad, danger, as in: Warning! Pull up! Warning! Pull up! Altitude! Altitude!... you get the picture?  :lol:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Actually, from the way the Sathanas is configured and the mission set up, it appears that pulling up will be safer than diving; but the Sathanas flares out on the upper rear, and it isn't.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dysko

Warning! Pull up! Warning! Pull up! Altitude! Altitude!... you get the picture?  :lol:
Low level flying in X-Plane? :lol:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
F-22 Raptor / F-22 Lightning 3 / F-16 MRF free demos...

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
Still, down in flightsims is often safer than up. Ever had a sinkrate in a 747 while playing FS-9? You have to cut engines, point the nose down, then rev the engines and try to regain control. Last one I had was during heavy storms off the coast of Hawaii--it was bloody hard to save the plane, though I somehow managed and ended up landing in Honolulu.

oh.. it was a funny thing for me.

When i start the mission and heard the "dive, dive, dive" the first time i turn back to the Jump Node and hit the Afterburners, i was rammed by the Sathanas through the Subspace Vortex and the Juggernaught so disappered behind me, i was alive (~25% Hull), but the incoming Ravana at the end of the mission rammed me to death :(
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
It took a few moments to realize what was going on and veered left (IIRC).

Survived!  ;)
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I actually veered up once... I survived it somehow the first time, but I didn't any time I tried to repeat it. I've also gone backwards when I was lagging a bit.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
scared the living **** out of me because i had my speakers turned up, veered left, got hit, and barely survived, then died in the shockwave of the comm node. second try through, i dove, and got smacked to death, third time was the charm.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
I survived the first time, mostly because I lurked here for over a year before I got my copy of FS2.  Knew it was coming.  :cool:

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Survival with 90% hull - I veered backwards and left in a random attempt to escape.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
My first "Dive! Dive! Dive! Hit your burners, pilot!" resulted in survival. Unlike most people, when I'm told to "Dive!" I turn... Left. >_>;

That happend to me. From the starting view, it looks liked it would be better to go left.because were we started was a little left.I survived that but i forgot if i got blown to little pieces by the damn ComNods (Stupid Shockwave, thats the only hard part, unlike other people i didn't go close to it i stayed within firing range).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:56:51 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline FSW

It surprised the heck out of me, but I survived... until the fighting began.

I already knew it was coming thanks to an article in my favorite PC magazine.