Author Topic: How they might destroy the Gargant  (Read 41788 times)

How they might destroy the Gargant
here's a simple idea (with a very very very hard execution) on how they might destroy the Gargant: 

Board the Gigas, take it over, steal the technology, use our new technology and the Gigas to destroy the Gargant. . .

please, below, tell me what u think of this idear. . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Re: How they might destroy the Gargant
The problem that Shivan ships (or at least the Nyarlathotep) are self-aware...... be the Nyarlathotep Incident all over again.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

however, with recent (relatively for FS2) development of technologies, it might be possible for a Mjolnir Mark II cannon to have been developed.  Also, shouldn't we have been developing new types of hand weapons (such as rocket launchers) that could disrupt the link between the Shivan bodies and the Shivan sub-space "beings"?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

That Shivans are subspace beings is a theory....its never been proven. You'd have to check with the orirginal desgners, and last I heard, they weren't talking.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

HOWEVER, why don't we just develop an EMP weapon that disrupts theirt neural network (yes, a quote from Rep Comm)

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

We don't know anything about Shivan anatomy, or even if EMP would have an effect on them.

do you even know what an EMP does to humans? ? ? (if it's powerful enough)

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

yeah....what it does to humans not Shivans. We know they manipulate subspace energies very well (*cough* Capella *cough*) why not other forms of energy??

it can kill them (it renders the nervous system useless, for those of us who know anything about the system, electronic pulses tell your muscles to expand or contract).  If u are able to disable this system. . . . .well, good-bye human. . .

also, we know nothing about the Shivans, but we could at least send them with rocket launchers for backups (rls for backups? ? ? ?   trippy)

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline mr.WHO

Yeah, right, board the ship with about 20 milions of angry bloodthirsy crew  :doubt:

Think: Why it have SH tag ??  Shivan Hive...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
He said board the Gigas not the Gargant, but you'd still need about 100 transports to do even that :D

all we/they need to do is develop a sidearm that will disable their bodies. . . . listen to what darkhunter said earlier about different forms of energy

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The problem that Shivan ships (or at least the Nyarlathotep) are self-aware...... be the Nyarlathotep Incident all over again.

That's Derelict, not Inferno. No connection. :p Given the Shivans are at least partially cybernetic an EMP sounds like it might be effective...but then one would have expected to see sudden decreases in the combat performance of nearby Shivan craft (or the Lucy itself) in "Good Luck" when the Harbingers start going off. You don't, so they're hardened against EMP from a real nuclear blast of considerable proportions, nevermind anything a handheld weapon could generate.

The Shivans are most effective at short ranges. The problem is that their interior ship design is (intentionally?) such that you don't really get enough room to stop them via firepower. Boarding a Shivan ship is probably a bit like playing WH40K's Space Hulk: charge in to find an area with a long corridor, then set up there and throw a wall of lead down the corridor at anything that moves. Eventually you'll kill most of them, then you go hunting for the rest.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mewgen1

Ok, this may be slightly off topic but, why did the GTVA stop research into shivan anatomy after the Hades rebellion?  For that matter what happened to all the data that was gathered from the GTI? :confused: To the best of my knowledge it wasn't shivan influence that caused the GTI to go rogue.  And while I admit that the Hades was built with shivan tech, it seems that a good portion of the GTVA's modern technology was taken from research into the shivans.  And now we come to this present discussion, in which, with a little more knowledge about shivans, we might be able jam their communications.  I don’t see why the GTVA would purposefully close the door on a branch of research that could save the galaxy as we know it from the greatest threat known to mankind (or vasudan-kind).

Oh and back on the topic of destroying the garghant.  What would happen if a ship opened an intrasystem jump point right into the middle of a star?  From what I understand the intrasystem variety of jumps doesn’t pass through the same tunnel that an intersystem jump does.  If that is the case, then wouldn’t the nuclear pressure in the star force stellar fuel out through the open jump point?  From what I understand a star is actually a very delicate balance between the gravitational forces (pushing the matter in the star towards a single point) and the nuclear forces in the core (pushing the matter in the star outwards).  If enough of that matter were to be removed gravity would win out and the star would collapse into a supernova (oh the things you can learn from Stargate).  Obviously a fighter wouldn’t do much to upset the balance, but if a much larger ship (say the Icanus) or a whole fleet of ships were to do the same thing it might just force out enough fuel in the few seconds that the ship(s) survived the massive heat and pressure to cause the star to explode.

Anyways just my .02 standard monetary units.  Cya

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If that did work the Shivans could just send Gargant 2 and you've just ran out of super ships to blow stars up :D

Offline Mewgen1

Hm, I was under the impression that there was only 1 gargant, but I suppose its up to the team.  Still you could just stick a jump drive on a station. ;)

In reply first to Mewgen1: I believe that the GTA shut down all projects after the Hades Rebellion to prevent another from happening. In the main campaign Admiral Bosch mentions that he had to resurrect the ETAK research from GTI.

Secondly, when I mentioned the Nyarlathotep, I was under the impression that if one Shivan ship was self-aware... they'd all be. Forgive me for enjoying continuity in all these (well, most anyway) campaigns.

I do believe that we could try taking a few Shivan cap ships though, maybe not as big as the Gigas, but a Sathanas, a Diablo, or even a Kismat might help... understand their tech, maybe find an inherent weakness in Shivan technologies. As far as I know, the only captured ships have been: the Taranis (blown up by Lucifer), the Nyarlathotep (awakened and caused several systems' worth of trouble in a very short time), and that cruiser in Derelict that they used as bait for the Gorgon Cannon.

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Let's not forget the Dragon fighter in "Playing Judas" and a handful of Maras in "Into The Lion's Den".

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Secondly, when I mentioned the Nyarlathotep, I was under the impression that if one Shivan ship was self-aware... they'd all be. Forgive me for enjoying continuity in all these (well, most anyway) campaigns.
That's Derelict only.

The only major Shivan capture that is known about is the Taranis (I consider the dragon and maras not major)
Capturing a cain class cruiser is completely different than capturing a Sathanas.

well well well, shouldn't we be theoizing that these campaigns should be somewhat co-linear. . . .. (is that the word I'm looking for?)  well, anyway, alongside the Vasudans, we could pull this off. . . . 

also, the sidearms have been improved over eighty years (if I and darkhunter's calculations are correct). . . .

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-