Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 598665 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
Much like the game in question, then?

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Does anyone have the sensation that there is a sort of endless cycle in this thread?
History repeats itself
A cycle never ending
Ship sales are eternal
Aquire a new jpg today
2.6.2 will be soon, it will make half your dreams come true
Get a refund citizen.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mikes

Does anyone have the sensation that there is a sort of endless cycle in this thread?
History repeats itself
A cycle never ending
Ship sales are eternal
Aquire a new jpg today
Get a refund citizen.

Mhhhh I do remember some threads from just about one or two months ago where people were talking about how "3.0" would come right after "2.6" ... maybe even as soon as Christmas or shortly after ... haha LOL.

History repeats itself
A cycle never ending
Ship sales are eternal
Aquire a new jpg today
Get a refund citizen.

Half my dreams are nightmares, and the other half are horrors beyond description.

saaandi sandi, you my unmade game
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

History repeats itself
A cycle never ending
Ship sales are eternal
Aquire a new jpg today
Get a refund citizen.

Half my dreams are nightmares, and the other half are horrors beyond description.

They say that Star Citizens have no present. Only a past filled with horrors, and a future they can only dream of.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
DUNNNN.   DUNNNN.  DUNNNN.  DUN-DUNNNNNNN.

from our odyssey into development hell, we return with a gift which should be in public testing within three weeks
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

i demand unfettered access to the evocati test server

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Your postering insults us both Commando, I will not give up my .JPEGs.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.

It's even worse in motion, there is still that energy triangle thing that was crappy already in Wing Commander V and it's still crappy now.

Even with zooming some menus are still barely readable.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
One: why does the helmet overlay have a delayed reaction to head movement?
Two: Those are UI sounds from Elite: Dangerous. So many comparisons already.
Three: Oh good, clickable surfaces. It's DCS in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Gun sounds are still amazing.

pew pew pew
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I hope it still takes half an hour's shooting to kill stuff so you have time to navigate windows explorer in your cockpit.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Aesaar

On the plus side, that cockpit doesn't obscure your view of the outside in a horribly obnoxious manner.  On that level it's actually pretty good.  Shame the displays are dumb.

Offline Luis Dias

Do you really want me to draw a mask over that cockpit to show you how it obscures more than 50% of the screen area?

Yeah, and then you can look at a real world aircraft and see how the same thing happens in real life. Not that I'm justifying their choice. Just saying you're complaining about something that is equivalent to real life.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Yeah, and then you can look at a real world aircraft and see how the same thing happens in real life. Not that I'm justifying their choice. Just saying you're complaining about something that is equivalent to real life.

Uh-huh. So why is it that real-world aircraft don't have displays you have to cycle through with arrow buttons to get to? Why isn't the ETS its own gauge? That seems like something you'd need up-front, but it's not. Weapons and fuel, too. Real-world aircraft have everything clearly marked and displayed in a manner that allows for quick recognition so the pilot doesn't have to look away for more than a few seconds. The only thing that changes is the MFDs, but even those have clearly marked options to choose from.

Actually look at how real-world aircraft cockpits operate, then try to compare. I mean... do you even know how cockpits work or do you just know how they look in movies and ****?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I was talking about how much of the view is obscured by the craft itself. Not the lousy MFDs that should have individual buttons for each function.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.