Author Topic: yet another idiot with SCP problems  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
yet another idiot with SCP problems
Can you borrow a video card from someone else just to see if it will work? If you can, try that.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

well, no.
nobody is stupid enough to borrow me a vid card, even it is a POS.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Kosh

Well, I'm not sure how else we could determine if it is the video card.

Besides, glide is a feature on 3DFX cards only, so it shouldn't have worked anyway.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

aha, ok.

and i really don't know how i could get another vid card, but others with a TNT2 16 did get FS) working.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline RandomTiger

If you are having problems with the launcher please e-mail me

RT, i doubt that it is the launcher, since it crashes when i run a mission, but not when i enter the techroom, IIRC.

Offline Kosh

Dang, that could be caused by a lot of things. Does it crash at any particular point in a mission, or just randomly?

Brain I/O error

on load, before the briefing IIRC.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I assume you tried making a new pilot.  I had the same problem when I upgraded to a new version of SCP and every time I tried to load a mission, from either the tech room or through the main screen (campaign), it would crash to the desktop.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

i made new pilots for every test.