Author Topic: Yet Another ANI Patch  (Read 1883 times)

Yet Another ANI Patch
Based on testing and feedback from Zacam and The_E (and Zacam kindly separating my code from some of the other stuff in his nightlies), the latest attempt at streaming ANI.

Get it here.

Changes (vs trunk 5620):

• Extra debug in bmpman.cpp when bitmap handle asserts are hit
  • Added function to bmpman.cpp to get the type of a bitmap (used in streaming ANI code to check whether the animation is actually an ANI)
  • Added ANI streaming/rendering support (Mantis 2003, loaded into memory for performance reasons)
  • Fixed techroom weapons animations
  • Fixed crash in ship select screen when 3d models are turned off
  • Fixed ship select screen animations not restarting but continuing on from where they left off
  • Fixed weapon select models for missiles being erased (Mantis 2002)
  • Fixed multiplayer countdown animation not appearing for clients
  • Techroom weapon and intel animations are now centered (Mantis 1943)

TODO:

• Add support for slightly broken retail ANIs (e.g. 2_ssfighter01.ani (GTF Ulysses) has keyframes defined in reverse order) - complete
  • Investigate centering of techroom animations - complete
  • EFF container format
  • Streaming EFF container format

EDIT: updated patch, fixes more issues
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 06:55:35 am by Flaming_Sword »

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Re: Yet Another ANI Patch
w00t. Naturally, I read this while I am at work, but I'll be jumping all over this as soon as I get home.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
  • Fixed techroom weapons animations
Does this mean they're centered now if we use nonstandard resolutions?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Damn, I haven't been testing with nonstandard resolutions. This was to fix them not playing properly at all.

I'll look into it.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Just to clarify, I'm referring to nonstandard ANI resolutions, not screen resolutions. It's Mantis no. 1943. I assigned it to Goober, since he did the centering code for the CB Anims, but if you're in that area feel free to take a shot at it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

I see. Not too hard, since I did convert the centering for CB anims. I'll try to get it working.

EDIT: updated first post, new patch for download, fixed dodgy animations and centering in techroom
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 06:57:22 am by Flaming_Sword »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Thanks!