Author Topic: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter  (Read 1775 times)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
an unkown direct 3d problem can someone help me to fix that problem

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Re: Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Doesn't give us much to work with here...

Need more detail.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Probably doesn't have a good enough video card.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
thank god, i found this game to be awful.
I hate My signature!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hate squad shooters? :P

I liked Ghost Recon 2, and I kinda liked the GRAW 2 Demo. (The CrossCom is AWESOME.)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
GRAW2 was great fun, I've never liked squad shooters but - amusingly - you can play with one without using your squad much at all.

i think not its vidio card i think its dirextx

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
DirectX is freaking software.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Actually its both...DirectX is a layer of software that sits between Windows and the hardware.  Its meant to make configuration easy for the end user.  Nobody has to go in and configure IRQ ports for their sound card anymore for instance and thats part of what DirectX does.  In order for this to work properly, you need hardware that will talk with DirectX in the first place.

Woutersmits...again....if you're unwilling to provide any details...nobody can possibly help you out.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Well considering the error report says it's a Direct3D problem, I'd say you might want to run the Direct3D tests from Start->Run->dxdiag.

Then you might want to re-install video card drivers (latest version).

Then you might want to install latest version of DirectX 9.0c as well.

...yes, there are many versions of DirectX 9.0c, latest one is from August 2007, the previous was from April 2007, and there are others as well... and they are all 9.0c. Go figure Microsoft's version numbering system, it's incomprehensible but just go along with it. These two, for example, have a substantial installer size difference (April2007=48.9MB, June2007=58.8MB) so I dunno what differences there are. Might be some Vista specific bugfixes and stuff, but who the hell knows aside from Microsoft, and I doubt you could get a straight answer for differences by calling their helpdesk.

And, as was already said, providing information like system specs, operating system and driver versions tends to help troubleshooting substantially... :nervous:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.