Author Topic: Translations  (Read 10676 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Comet did it by patching the source so that it could do unicode. That patch has not made it into the FSO source yet.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You've kinda answered your own question. He altered the code to allow other characters. But since he did that for the original source and not FSO there's no way to simply patch it in and it has to be added in by hand now.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
I've done the translation of string.tbl
The file is attach here.

just a quick one , firstly great job , and secondly , there are a couple of spelling mistakes in the french version , i will try and correct them ( with the aid of my girlfriend (( before any one reminds me of how bad my spelling and grammar are in all languages )) and repost in a few days
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Richard

Yes there are accent mistakes... I can correct it now if you want.
And what sort of spealling mistakes?
Je suis français donc je peux voir les fautes =)

Offline Richard

Sorry there were some mistakes,
I did all the translations on notepad, so I made accent mistakes.
No It's a correct translation attached here!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
thanks......  :nod:
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline Richard

You're welcome =)

Offline Agba

Someone who did the german translation? If noone does it im going to do it today ;)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Freespace 2 has always had a German translation actually. So the translation of the engine text is already handled.
 Diaspora will need translation of the text specific to our game of course, but it will be quite a while before we are ready for that as translations of the actual mission text is something we will only do about the same time as we handle voice acting.

Offline Agba

it was released in german? man if i had known this 6 years earlier... i only had the english version...

it was released in german? man if i had known this 6 years earlier... i only had the english version...
But don't install the german version. Doing so causes problems with other FS2 based games.

Good luck with the translation.
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Hi people, I don't know if there's a Spanish version of strings.tbl , because I have seen the first link to a year old post of translations and it said that there was a Spanish one and I've already started with the translation :) . I hope to have it ready in 3 or 5 days  :D !!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
As far as I know the only file we've ever gotten out of this is the strings.tbl Richard posted which fixed French translations. No one else who has posted on this thread has ever finished as far as I'm aware.

Offline Agba

so, should i translate the file into german or do you take these one from the german version of the game?

Offline Richard

I thinks you have to do all the translation because in the original game, there is no the word "diaspora".
Take my strings.tbl, search the german part and start translation =).

Good luck!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah, a quick read through and replacement of all the instances of Freespace/Freespace II with Diaspora wouldn't hurt. There shouldn't be that much more to do at this point though.

Offline Agba

on some places there ist the name Freespace 2, shall i replace this with Diaspora?

OH :D:D sorry haven`t read the post above :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:10:52 am by Agba »

Offline Richard

on some places there ist the name Freespace 2, shall i replace this with Diaspora?

Yes exactly!  ;)

I have one problem, between 502 and 620 I have no more than this sentece: "The control config action text goes between 507 and 619". but I've checked Richard's translation and it has one part that the English one doesn't have: "Misc. new strings added".
Where can I find it in English? And do I need to erase every Freespace copyright or replace it with Diaspora copyright??

Offline Richard

I have one problem, between 502 and 620 I have no more than this sentece: "The control config action text goes between 507 and 619". but I've checked Richard's translation and it has one part that the English one doesn't have: "Misc. new strings added".
Where can I find it in English? And do I need to erase every Freespace copyright or replace it with Diaspora copyright??

You can find it in the string.tbl I tranlated.
Take the first part which is in english and use the text you need =)
And you can go here :http://wbe03.mibbit.com/?settings=293cbec0e27282897519f438e6cb5b44&server=irc.esper.net&channel=%23diaspora
for asking some help.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:14:33 am by Richard »