Author Topic: I'd hate to see this die?  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Inquisitor

I'd hate to see this die?
Is Kazan in charge?

Will this be a FS2 Source project (if the answer is yes, do we still need a seperate forum?)?

Has anyone written a line of design documentation?

With all the buzz around the source, it seems like alot more programmers got into the mix. I have seen very little, aside from mandates from Kazan, on the subject here in the forums, and the IRC channel is dead everytime I am there.

So....

What's up doc?
No signature.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
These are all pretty relevant questions. There's not much point in having a FSF forum if everyone's bailed into the source forum and has ignored this.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Yeah, someone should probably PM Kazan and find out if he's still doing this and in what capacity. If he's lost interest and just hasn't bothered to tell anyone then the floor is somewhat open.

I agree - we need some news from him and preferably some action. Otherwise matters need to be dealt with. Hmm...maybe its time I started gluing a website together.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
why waste time going from scratch when we can go from the origional source and move tword more features and cross platform capability..focus all programming efforts in one place
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Inquisitor

A couple of reasons, but, that means you have mandated that this is a FS2 source based project. Which IS sensible. I advocate using engines other people built as a head start.

The questions still remain.

Is this simply an extension of the FS source efforts? Are you running it? You have been, shall we say, resistant and uncommunicative on the subject. If this is going forward, who's working on it, etc? I jsut want to know how I can help. If I can help.
No signature.

I agree with Inquis - but also, if we don't wanna get bogged down we need to get a proper design document going so we have a list of features we want in. Then people can start cracking on one thing, and we'll see some progress.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
i'm currently busy prepping for the AP Computer Science AB test.. i have to get the case study and practice exams done tonight

i have 11 days of High school left, i have to write a speech and do a book report - do my german homework, get this APCS stuff done, and prep for my CCNA final... in other words.. IM BUSY

Offline Inquisitor

Nice of you to share.

So realistically, we won't see you for 2 weeks. Cool.

Good luck on the CCNA test, its pretty easy.

It's the battery of CCIE tests that start to make the eyes bleed.
No signature.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
nono.. im not taking the cisco test - just the semester 2 final

Offline Inquisitor

Ah, well, good luck anyway ;)
No signature.

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
Yeah, semester 2 final wasn't very difficult. Not like the semester 4 final, anyway.
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT

Alright, with that sorted out for the time being I think we need to actually get a design document written. Kazan can input whatever he wants when he gets back, but I for one think it would be useful if for the time being we had a locked list of things we want to get done.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2002, 01:31:58 am by 383 »

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
However, before you do that you should bear in mind the Source Code project over at VW. I don't know anything about it myself but it would be a waste of valuable time and resources if different teams did the same modifications to the game. You could get much further, much faster, if you helped out with their cause untill you had what was needed in the game. Then you could take the results of that work and modify it to your own specific project.

Does that make sense or am I rambling? :)

Offline Inquisitor

Either way, a design document is a good thing to have.

The source code project needs one too, I'd say go for it #UP# :)

Catch me on ICQ sometime 37097749
No signature.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Thunder
However, before you do that you should bear in mind the Source Code project over at VW. I don't know anything about it myself but it would be a waste of valuable time and resources if different teams did the same modifications to the game. You could get much further, much faster, if you helped out with their cause untill you had what was needed in the game. Then you could take the results of that work and modify it to your own specific project.

Does that make sense or am I rambling? :)

Methinks you've got something going there. :nod: