Author Topic: Release: 3.7.4 Final  (Read 49333 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
3.7.4 is the last build that 5.5g can handle. Current and future nightly builds and releases will not work correctly when started by 5.5g.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yet Another Launcher is a good alternative and has a very similar look-and-feel to Launcher 5.5g, but sadly it too will be rendered incompatible for builds after 3.7.4.

Offline m!m

If the launcher doesn't actually use the new config system then it should still work with the old system. However, if the config file is present then that will always be used instead of the registry so you can't mix wxLauncher and 5.5g.

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Is there a list of notable features from the old version? I've been rather out of touch with SCP development for the past year and I'm not certain what each release is bringing nowadays. MediaVPs are easy enough to show off with screenshots.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
This is a somewhat accurate summary of the changes in each release, for 3.7.4 we should also have added "tons of bugfixes".
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...