Author Topic: TrackIR not working in recent builds  (Read 5066 times)

TrackIR not working in recent builds
Good afternoon,

I just tried out my TrackIR with the latest nightly 3/21 and it's not functional.  It turns off the ability to pan around the cockpit but doesn't work by itself.  I've not discovered yet which version is last worked in, but I can confirm it was working on 7/14/16 release.

I'm using the 64 bit build so I'll test with 32 bit next.

Offline m!m

Re: TrackIR not working in recent builds
64-bit builds are not supported by the TrackIR system at the moment.

That would explain why it works in the 32 bit build.  However the central HUD was "jittery"  It kept bouncing around a little bit like it was trying to center.  The slewable parts all follow your head movement just fine and I noticed that it now has the zoom capability which is very cool :)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I had hoped to follow up with the 64-bit DLL after we got the data we needed upon request in #974 but have kept being busy with other things.  But the info that should be needed to build a 64-bit DLL is available to any other dev interested in trying.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That would explain why it works in the 32 bit build.  However the central HUD was "jittery"  It kept bouncing around a little bit like it was trying to center.  The slewable parts all follow your head movement just fine and I noticed that it now has the zoom capability which is very cool :)

I actually pointed out an issue where the cockpit was glued to the viewpoint, so moving my head forward and to the sides would move the cockpit along with it, and I think that was shortly after release.

And yeah, the central HUD's going to be jittery. You kind of get used to it. I think it's the only HUD element that isn't slaved to the viewpoint, and even with the generous deadzone you get the rest of the HUD does kind of wiggle.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

The 32 bit version seems to be working fine for me.  I did edit my own HUD table so that the rest of the elements are bound to the view point, so that eliminated that distraction for me.  It would be great to have a 64 bit version though!  If anyone has the time to take that on that would be much appreciated by many I would think :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The 32 bit version seems to be working fine for me.  I did edit my own HUD table so that the rest of the elements are bound to the view point, so that eliminated that distraction for me.

...Unless you have cockpits on, not having the reticle stationary is gonna make it really hard to, like, aim.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I'm using it in Diaspora, so there are cockpits.  However, I see you're point if you didn't have them.

If anyone gets a chance to work on the 64 bit DLL I'd be happy to help test it.

Offline m!m

I compiled the 64-bit DLL. Here is a download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ad4h9x8ji061h89/scptrackir.zip

I haven't tested it so it might crash. This will only work with 64-bit builds but if the DLL works, I'll change the filename so you can have both 32 and 64-bit DLLs at the same time.

I will give it a try and report back.  Thanks!

Well, it didn't crash.  But it didn't do anything either.  I tried both the x64 latest nightly and the RC1 candidate.  It simply acted as before on x64 and ignored it.

Offline m!m

It could be a problem with the actual TrackIR DLL then. The current code doesn't use a different API DLL when in 64-bit mode so that will probably cause issue.

Do you have a log file? That might give me a clearer indication of what exactly is going wrong.

Furthermore, could you post the registry values found in "CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint\NATURALPOINT\NPClient Location"? If there is a "Path" key, could you also check that directory and post a list of the files in it? Maybe the 64-bit DLL just has a different name...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
There's an NPClient.dll and NPClient64.dll. Maybe make sure it's not NPClient.dll that's being referenced or however that works?

Offline m!m

That's probably what I need. I'll try to make the changes and compile a new DLL later today.

Offline m!m

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That did the trick. :D

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Way to go m!m.  Is there anything else missing from 64bit builds on Windows now, compared to their 32bit counterparts?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Works great thank you!

Hello there.  It seems at some point in the new builds TrackIR x64 stopped working again.

I have the 5/17/17 dll in place but no TrackIR any longer.  It would be great to get that back :D

Thanks!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ah yes, our regularly scheduled annual TrackIR breakage.  May warrant a Github issue if we want to go through official channels this time, unless someone has a quick hunch.