Author Topic: A request!  (Read 3617 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If anyone would be willing to do a Wiki article for The Blade Itself I would be much obliged. When unbusied I'd like to do a reference on how to handle capship command missions.

Offline crizza

I'm too stupid for that mission...every time I play it, I'm simply not able to cycle through the turrets...I mean, I use the arrow keys...but nothing happens^^
But it would be nice to fire the main guns myself:)

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
It'll be rather simple, I believe. The main guns could be the first and second and third banks of a fighter. Then your missile banks would be the secondary bank. I'm not sure if it actually works, though...because the turret missile launching and the missile bank missile launching is different. Your fighter then, just so happens to be this huge Karuna. With afterburners.

Of course, all with table and flag edits...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
This might work, using autoaim, extended view cones on torpedoes and a bit of creative tabling.
It'd only let you target one thing at a time though.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think we'd prefer to stick with the command script as it better reflects how a warship actually works.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I managed to figure out how the script works just by reading it.
And I have no idea how to write in LUA.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I actually think the controls for TBI are amazing. They weren't hard to pick up, and they allowed you to delegate tasks remarkably effectively, and therefore concentrate on position and maneuvering.  The only issue I had at all on that mission was that my Apocalypse batteries would fire continuously no matter what their setting were, unless I had nothing targeted.  The only difference was whether or not they actually attempted to hit something.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I never noticed a difference between the turret settings. . .

Offline Snail

• SC 5
First time around I was like "Wow flying capships! Awesome! Not reading any of this briefing crap!"

Yeah...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think the turret setting script didn't work properly on some older builds - try a more recent one. (The script might also have been altered.)

We really should add a 'hold' mode though.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I couldn't figure out how they really worked so I put ETS on max engines and MHD'd away from everyone when I was done killing the enemy ships I want. Won my first playthrough!

Offline -Norbert-

On my first playthrough I though "Okay... I am more than 3 km from the node, so the meson bomb won't hit me," ignored the warning and ended up detonating the bomb, secure in the knowledge of being out of range... untill I was vapourised. Apparently they increased the payload since they used the bombs in Gamma Draconis :banghead: .
Anyway on 2nd try I managed to win the mission.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The range has always been 5k, so yeah, you were in the blast radius big time.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
On the other hand, a capship could have survived a normal Meson Bomb at 3k.
But you're right, the bomb used here was modified.

Offline -Norbert-

The range has always been 5k, so yeah, you were in the blast radius big time.
I know that now, but back then I assumed it had the same range as the one in "the flaming sword" (or somesuch) in vanilla FS2 (and it was 3 km there for sure, I just checked :p) .... well at least untill I blew up, then I knew better. :lol:

Wish I had thought like that. Instead, for whatever reason, I thought the whole damn area was gonna be dust following detonation. Of course, given that thats how you're supposed to react for that mission, it worked out, but still, I felt like a bit of an idiot afterwards.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Maybe they have variable yield.

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
So, has anyone actually posted an article for this?
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

I wish there was a mission where I could pilot a Karuna, Steele wouldn't have **** on me haha

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
There. . . there is.