Author Topic: The Never Ending Mission 6 (Spoilers)  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Rainman

The Never Ending Mission 6 (Spoilers)
Hi All,

Mission 6 is awesome. But there is a slight issue on my version that makes the mission never end (until you die). So here are the scenarios.

1) Prometheus say's it's jumping, the countdown goes on, and then decides to stay. The cylons are all confused and after blowing up the other civilian ship there the basestar stops attacking. Raiders are attacking the evac raptors and disable them but can't kill them. This goes on until I die.

2) I kill Ion 1 (only happened once, thought it was awesome!). I double fired a pair of missiles, was firing guns, Ion turns at me to engage me (strange already) then, boom. Missiles hit and it's blown to bits. Some other pilot is like "Good job sir!" and that's that. Nothing happened after that. The fleet is enjoying the rest time, and I take my viper and go pay a visit to the baseships bombing Virgon. I didn't know you guys placed actual baseship models there they look great. They are friendlier than the other baseships I've seen since they don't shoot me out of the sky ;)

I'm not actually looking for a solution because I'm still enjoying playing it but just reporting the bugs I saw.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Re: The Never Ending Mission 6 (Spoilers)
Just wanting to check, the Prometheus didn't have any disabled subsystems? Engines, FTL.

They should auto-repair before jumping in a worst case scenario. The only other issue I could see is somehow the AI orders for jumping not properly triggering.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Number 1 happened to me, too. Never managed to kill Ion though, I might have to try that... :drevil:

Offline Rainman

Just wanting to check, the Prometheus didn't have any disabled subsystems? Engines, FTL.

They should auto-repair before jumping in a worst case scenario. The only other issue I could see is somehow the AI orders for jumping not properly triggering.

That's a really good question, next time i'll check on its sub systems. But we really don't take good care of the civies because the baseship jumps in right on top of us and raiders are everywhere so i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Offline Rainman

Number 1 happened to me, too. Never managed to kill Ion though, I might have to try that... :drevil:

Haha yea it's so rewarding, especially after losing the mission 20 times it feels like you single handedly just saved the fleet. Link up your secondary missiles to fire in pairs, head towards him and once the missiles have a lock fire, then hit side thrusters so that you are not chasing your own missiles, let the guns go and try to land as much damage as you can before the missiles hit.

Something tells me it was a glitch though because I have never had Ion turn towards me and engage me before, he always just flies straight then jumps.

Offline newman

It's the alternative alternative ending; Ion 1 gets killed, The Prometheus doesn't jump out, and confused Cylons engage in a FREDing discussion to speculate on what could have caused it :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
#2 is fixed and will be in the next update. #1 we're trying to figure out exactly what might be causing it since it seems new to the current builds.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Rainman

Great thank you. I'm not gonna lie it felt great to kill Ion 1 i wouldn't even mind if it stayed in the game, but then there would have to be something else that happens like the whole fleet jumps to Ragnar. Best bonus objective in the game.

So what was wrong with Ion 1, what was the bug?

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
The game expected it to depart no matter what. Needed to be destroyed-or-departed
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Yep. Currently happening to me too. I'm on the Prometheus and it will not jump...

Offline festivefire

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
    • Minecraft
i have been having the prometheus problem too. in my experience it always jumps on time unless i dock with it, then it says initiating jump sequence in 5 4 3 2 1... then nothing and im stuck until i restart or a raider finaly figures out how to get into prometheus's hanger.
Digital Fire

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I need some people to test with the build I posted on this thread.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline festivefire

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
    • Minecraft
i ran the special build you said to run, and i have attached the event log to this post. i docked with the prometheus right as the timer ran out, and when i docked it gave the jumping message from the prometheus and then the prometheus never left.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
Digital Fire

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Thanks, that was very helpful. I'm pretty certain I know what the cause of the problem is now, and how to fix it. I'll check with Ace if I'm correct.

Old post I know, but I'm using a newer version, 1.1 RC.

This mission is dirty! I didn't know it was the last one until I found this post :)

Using 1.1 RC update, I've killed Ion visibly, but it still claims they jumped :(

I would love some more content, these missions are produced very well.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Hmmm. That is odd. I was hoping we'd fixed all the bugs in M6. I can take a look at the mission for a while since I'm not on home PC at the moment and won't be for a few days. But I will try to hunt down the source of this bug when I get a chance (assuming Ace doesn't find it first).