Author Topic: nothing works  (Read 1802 times)

I can start a briefing, but the mouse won't move my ship (even after waiting for ship movement to be unlocked). I tried to start a campaign, but selecting the campaign just sends me back to the menu.

I can't get the game to work at all. All my drivers are up to date.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Game freezes up and won't load even the briefing mission from the debugger. Have to force quit.

Here's the log file.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I suspect your freeze is actually the game having to generate new cache file for model Col_BS_Sobek.pof. Wait it out and it should continue on even if Windows tells you the application is not responding.

Alright, I waited it out. I got ship movement, though I'm not sure how. Must have been a glitch. I can't figure out how to invert my mouse, the button in the control configuration doesn't appear to do anything.

I still can't access the campaign, though. I tried a few times then quit the game. Here's the new log file.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm not sure what you mean by accessing the campaign. You pick the campaign you want to play (Diaspora only has one unless you install a mod) and then go to play the game as normal. If you're in the tutorial mission, you're playing the campaign.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Ah, I misunderstood a mechanic of the menu, then.

Alright, so last question is why I can't seem to invert the mouse.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
sorry, I think the mouse axis issue is an unresolved bug

Gah.  Reading comprehension fail.  The inverting the mouse Y-axis works for me on a recent FSO build, so not sure why it's not working for you.

edit2: just checked with my copy of Diaspora 1.0.4 and I could invert both the mouse axes.  I'm am running on Linux though which (unlike windows) uses SDL for input.  I guess that could be the cause of the difference? 

Just checking, to invert the mouse you go to:
Config Controls
Select Ship tab
Select/Highlight Turn (Yaw) Axis or Pitch Axis
Select Invert (button should light up)
Select Accept
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:02:18 am by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Perfect! Finally got everything working. Thank you so much for the help!