Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

RELEASE — Blue Planet

<< < (46/47) > >>

Grizzly:
Weird. Knossos.Net definitely still displays it as 3.3.2 on my end.

Grizzly:
Version 3.3.3

This update ensures a nice round number in the versioning scheme.

Also it should hopefully fix an issue with music playback under linux.

CT27:
I don't know if this music issue was fixed in 3.3.3, but:

A minor error I noticed in FS2 Blue:

Sometimes in the SOC missions during the briefing...FS1 music plays (not during missions...just in the briefing).

Grizzly:
I did do some experimentation with some FS1 briefing music in the SOC loop to make them a bit more distinct (also, becuase there's some overlap with voice actors) but that shouldn't have made it into the release.

Sobbsy:
Just popping out from under my rock to say, Blue Planet has been a blast to play. I'm near the end of Act 2, and although I struggled to REALLY enjoy it at the very start (some of the voice acting was a bit rough and the sheer overload of new things and new information threw me for a loop). But as I've played through, it's just developed this wonderful charm to it all that, for any perceived faults I might have had with it personally, I'm all the happier for having experienced it.

In a way, this mod will stay very special in my mind and heart. I've owned Freespace 1 and 2 respectively since release, and you may laugh at this, but I have never played a single mod or fan campaign for either game before. I don't know why honestly, I guess I was just so enthralled by the base game itself that I was constantly anticipating the awesome MediaVP updates and each time a new one dropped, I would replay the campaign excitedly like it was brand new again. Laugh even more, but I've only played FS1 twice! Once on release, and once maybe 10 years ago after a major update caught my attention. I downloaded Diaspora when it came out, but ultimately never played it, and I just never got into the modding or custom campaign scene before. So I think coming into that for the first time ever now with BP is probably going to spoil me somewhat haha.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for an awesome experience. I only just realised it was almost over a few minutes ago, when I was reading some of the background info on the campaign and its 'world' (despite playing it all over the last week, my old brain can't keep much of the abundant new technologies and races and groups and events and histories very straight) so every mission has a degree of confusion for me sometimes when something new is mentioned and my tired mind is left going huh? Who? When?? I hope dearly some day there is more to play, it would be such a shame to leave such a wonderfully crafted world incomplete. I will download and play Chanticleer once I finish up act 2 - I assume that's basically all there is at this point, yeah?

Take care, thanks again  :cool:  :yes:

If more is ever made, I'd gladly lend my voice to a character if the need ever arrived. Would love to be involved in that way and pay tribute to such an awesome community :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version