Author Topic: Cockpits : One Stop Shopping  (Read 84330 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Cockpits : One Stop Shopping
Please do the following:

1. Make a minimal mod that shows this problem, based on FS2 retail (That is, just make a modpack with the cockpit pof and a tbm to enable cockpits for a ship using this pof)
2. Post the whole thing, with a bug report, on the SCP Mantis
3. Wait for a coder to fix this.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Tested it. Could not reproduce the issue.

Please provide an fs2_open.log.

Also, please note that a warning can always be clicked through; they usually do not result in fatal crashes.

As for the issue with the inverted bounding box, simply opening that pof in PCS2, purging the BSP cache, and resaving it fixes the warning.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:04:54 am by The E »

There was an fs2_open.log in the .zip file I uploaded--but I think it was the wrong one.  I am not sure if I should re-open the issue to upload it on mantis so I have supplied it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/430162363/GenericCP2.zip

(I love to help, I just want to make sure I follow procedure)  Thank you for your help so far, btw.

OKAY

I think I might be wasting your time.  It is not that it is the Inferno build, it is the Inferno build in the training simulator with the default Untitled and Untitled 2 missions (with a fresh pilot)--in _those_ it doesn't work, but if I start the campaign, it then works.

This is a non-issue.  This is my own stupidity.  I am sorry for wasting your time.  :)

Next time, I'll try to contribute something more useful, like making more of these gauges sticky to the cockpit and posting the file after I modify it.

/slides away into the shadows and curls up into a little ball

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's not a problem. Even if a bug report turns out to be no bug at all, it's still worth investigating. Although the fact that your original report said that there's differing behaviour between regular and Inferno builds made it pretty clear that there's quite possibly a setup issue behind it.

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

And what I had to do to play WiH with cockpits.

Other Question: In some of the videos, made by MetalDestroyer it look's like he is able to "free look", how this can be done?
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

And what I had to do to play WiH with cockpits.

Other Question: In some of the videos, made by MetalDestroyer it look's like he is able to "free look", how this can be done?

TrackIR or FreeTrack setup.

• Buntu!

Thanks, I managed to enable the cockpits. But now I can't hear the gunsounds and others.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Thanks, I managed to enable the cockpits. But now I can't hear the gunsounds and others.
I guess that the glass is too thick and it's dampening the sound.  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

• Buntu!

That didn't explain why I hear the Maul but not the Vulcan and the Rapier. :eek:
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Not sure what the issue could be. If you are using the showship method and forget the +noreplace in the table lots of strange stuff happens. In the first post there is a download for all the AoA/Mediavps cockpits and includes a table so that would be a good place to start.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

• Buntu!

I'm very sorry, but that didn't solved the problem.
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"

Offline Davros

"Dragon has created an awesome generic cockpit that you can use. Just copy a entry using a GenericCP.pof, replace the ship name,and add it to the AoACockpits-shp."

sorry this means absolutely nothing to me could someone explain it in more detail please

Actually I think it was Vasudan Admiral that made that model. Anyway, just download the file linked right above where you got that quote and follow the directions.

Offline Davros

Well thats the point I dont understand the directions....

just copy a entry
what entry ?

using a GenericCP.pof
I thought a pof was a model how do I use a model to copy text ?

replace the ship name
what ship name ? AoACockpits-shp contains many ship names
and what do i replace the ship name with ?

http://www.mediafire.com/?rlnlkphxdjuiuwj
Cockpits on Terran fighters in Mediavps and BP: AoA.
No Vasudans, I'll someday make a mode for them.

For this one you need to create a folder called Cockpitmod in your Freespace 2 directory. Create a sub folder data, then sub folders for maps,models,cache, and tables. Unzip the file and put all the .pof files in models, .tbm files in tables, and the rest in maps.

Then add "-mod Cockpitmod", no quotes, to the Custom Flags line under Features in the FS2 Open Launcher. You don't need your original showship file anymore so disable or delete it. Dragon has created an awesome generic cockpit that you can use. Just copy a entry using a GenericCP.pof, replace the ship name,and add it to the AoACockpits-shp.

Like This:
Code: [Select]
$Name: GTF Apollo
+nocreate
$Cockpit POF file: GenericCP.pof
+Cockpit Offset: 0.002 -1.05 1.23

This is the best way for the cockpit view. I was only able to figure it out this morning as the method described in the original thread wasn't working for me. The whole Cockpitmod part came from another thread that for the life of me I can't find again.

Step 1: Download the file.

Step 2: Create a folder in your Freespace 2 directory called Cockpitmod. Inside it create a folder called data. Inside it create folders called cache, maps, missions, models, and tables.

Step 3: Unzip the file you downloaded and put the pof files in the models folder, the tbl file in the tables folder, and the rest in maps.

Step 4: If you want to use the Generic cockpit with ships that aren't listed in the AoACockpits-shp.tbl you have to add them to the table. Open up the AoACockpits-shp.tbl with a text editor, you do that by adding .txt to the very end of the file name, then find an entry on the list that is using the genericCP.pof. Copy that entry and paste it at the end of the list but before #end. #end has to be the last thing on the page. Now change the name of the ship in the entry that you just copied and pasted to the ship you want to use the generic cockpit for. In the above example I used GTF Apollo. It has to be the ships full name. After you have added all the entries you want save the file and close it. Remove .txt from the end of the file name so it is back to being AoACockpits-shp.tbl.

Step 5: Open up the launcher and click on the features tab. At the end of the Custom Flags line add "-mod Cockpitmod" no quotes. Hit Apply.

That's as plain as I can put it.

Offline Davros

thank you very much got it....

XXX
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:11:13 pm by TomJeffersonJones »

I'm making good use of Vasudan Admiral's generic 'pit included in the cockpit-mod, now I'm interested in exploring Swifty's HUD code through Antipodes that Rscaper detailed on page 2.

I was curious if Swifty's HUD changes are included in Antipodes 8, or only in the versions of Antipodes 7 that Rscaper linked to.  Also antipodes 7 and 8 are suffering from the fsdownloads downtime...who would be the best candidate to ask about some Antipode mirrors?

I believe the HUD code has been committed to trunk so yes it is included in Antipodes 8 as well as the current nightlies.

I had no idea that downloading was down, that blows. Well they are pretty efficient around here so I'm sure it won't be too long before it's back up again. I'll copy my Ant 8 and post a link here but it's SSE2 and I don't know if that's the one you need.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y0qfq6a07lfdcor/fs2_open_Ant_8_SSE2.7z
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:40:07 pm by rscaper1070 »