Author Topic: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!  (Read 84964 times)

Re: [Release] Cockpit Mod 1.2
The new lead indicator just doesn't click with me, I've been trying to edit the .vp files to get the old one but to no avail. A real shame considering the cockpits look really good. Has anyone else figured out a solution or am I the only one who doesn't like the new one?
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Flygit

I don't like the lead indicator either because it's too big, cumbersome etc. I replaced it with Diaspora's one. It has same design but it's a lot smaller.

http://i.imgur.com/eNppVjV.jpg

How does +Center Reticle: work?  I can get the firepoint dots to appear but I can't seem to get the actual reticle to appear.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
that's strange, i have no idea what could be wrong, this one did work flawlessly for me from the start
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Think I found the solution, I used your hud icon effect for it.  Apparently it didn't inherit the original cursor texture.  Either that or I or the open saga conversion failed somewheres.

Also the $gauges is the most confusing thing ever.  Why do we have Canvas size AND Display size?  Even worse Display Size doesn't correlate to the hud textures width/height.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Another question, I just realized I'm missing the target's damage value.  Where's that? 
WIKI says it's part of +Damage, "Adds a gauge that shows how much damage a target (or the player?) has. "
But looking at your table I don't see anything about it.

Offline fightermedic

i'm not sure what you are talking about
+Damage should be the gauge that shows your hull and subsystem integrity, when you are hit
that should be there, and working fine?
look at the first screenshot on the first page, the yellow gauge in the center of the cockpit
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

I found it... +Mini Target Shields.  It's your target's shield and hull strength in small scale.

Offline fightermedic

oh, THAT is what you have been looking for
>>Ships created by me<<

Ya, I'm rebuilding my hud from the ground up.  The way they had implemented it and the way I thought they had was just too confusing and frustrating.  I've set all controls to be Display Size: 256*256, then adjust canvas size accordingly, works much better.  :yes:

Edit: Maybe you don't know this but can the throttle HUD element be modified? I would like one that was basically just a straight line instead of a curve, but looking at the saga tables I can't seem to figure out how they did that since nothing is mentioned in the tables.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:49:13 am by Scooby_Doo »

Offline fightermedic

it certainly can, look at diaspora for a straight one
i think all you need is a different ani file, you can test it with the one from diaspora i guess

right now i'm also in the process of reworking my cockpit mod, not big changes, but i've decided to move back the view position a bit, so that the cockpit isn't blocking as much of the view, and slightly move a few hud elements
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:40:21 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

I just noticed that, so it must be possible....

Also I just noticed started working on the cockpit model 7!!! years ago.  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=50349.0

ugh where did the time go...

Offline fightermedic

Also I just noticed started working on the cockpit model 7!!! years ago.  http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=50349.0

i'm already feeling waaay to old since today is my birthday, you are not helping you know :D
where did time go, indeed
this is crazy, i remember the time when i played the demo of fs1... wow there are people that drive cars that had not even been born then... *gosh*
well, atleast freespace has cockpits now, we didn't waste all that time :D
>>Ships created by me<<

i'm already feeling waaay to old since today is my birthday, you are not helping you know :D
where did time go, indeed
this is crazy, i remember the time when i played the demo of fs1... wow there are people that drive cars that had not even been born then... *gosh*
well, atleast freespace has cockpits now, we didn't waste all that time :D

Well then Happy Birthday!

Offline Flygit

fightermedic, would you mind making a multimonitor compatible version for us nvidia surround/eyefinity/triplehead etc. users?

I changed some values based on diaspora eyefinity hud tables and they seem to work but maybe you know better to use values that suit your mod better.

Offline fightermedic

i do not have the slightest idea about multimonitor stuff, sorry
>>Ships created by me<<

Just downloaded your Cockpit mod for freespace2 and it rocks  any chance of you creating one for the fsport in the future.  Thanks :D

Offline fightermedic

just dropping the .vp from my mod into the fsport folder should already do the trick
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Nagrach

• Just another Freespacer
Getting a Crash wit Media VP_2014, right after startup. Says something like "Runtime Error..." Funny thing: With FSPort it just runs fine... And its only when I'm using the Cockpit mod.

Here is the log, hopefully the correct one...

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
Crabby the crappy crab crap.

-273 °C. Finally a place where I don't need to sweat.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
-mod MediaVPs_2014,cockpit-mod,mediavps_3612
This could be your problem you are using both mediaVPS at the same time.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.