Author Topic: Just Another Day Development Blog  (Read 234798 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: Just Another Day Development Blog
Then I'll reserve it for some young (not above 29 year old nor below 19 years of age), teenage (14-19 years of age) or pre-adolescent (not below 10 years of age) characters for my future work, i.e. Shattered Stars (or maybe Darkspacers?). BTW, you're welcome.

EDIT: Anyway, there's one character in JAD2.23 who's wearing that coat QueenHolley disliked. She's most likely an evil counterpart of Holley, planning to get rid of her for greedy purposes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:34:48 pm by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Bryan see, could you stop making nonsense posts? None of the things you have said in this thread have made any sense or are based in any kind of reality.
Just. Stop. You're not being funny, you're just being ****ing weird.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:01:13 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Okay.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Axem

Bryan, as much as I like interest and speculation in my mod, you should pick up on the flow in the thread when to drop certain topics. And you've got to phrase any speculation so it sounds like speculation.

Anyway, there's one character in JAD2.23 who's wearing that coat QueenHolley disliked. She's most likely an evil counterpart of Holley, planning to get rid of her for greedy purposes.

That's phrased as a fact, but I've ever said anything about characters in JAD2.23, or evil counterparts.

Now what would speculation look like?

What if there's one character in JAD2.23 who's wearing that coat QueenHolley disliked? She might be an evil counterpart of Holley, planning to get rid of her for greedy purposes.

Got it? Good.

Now, no more discussion of silly trenchcoat fashion!

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Noted it, Axem and QueenHolley. I love picking up on the flow in the thread when anyone drops certain topic on this.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Axem

Eeeeey everybody. What's up wit' you?

Today real quick, we're going to take a close look at the super high quality art that's going into JAD. As mentioned before, Spoon has been hard at work, designing, drawing, and animating the colorful cast of the mod. This update we're going to take a critical eye at his work.

So let's start off with Holley's Homeroom Teacher: Mr. S.

Wow, just take it in slowly. Slow measured breaths. I know it jumps off your screen, the lines, the shading. It all just gels. Let's take a quick close up look at this.

Note the expert brushwork on the lines, obviously inspired by the great Norihiro Yagi-san. The raw subtlety and winding thicknesses just bring a whole new dimension to this.

And the shading! Let's talk for hours on this subject. If Noburio Watsuki-san were to look at this, he might've mistaken it for his own work! This is how art comes alive, how it grabs you in. You can just see the years of experience and thought put into this.

Ah, and if we look at those brush strokes, carefully added, I think I see... Yes, I think it is. That is none other than a brilliant reproduction of the lettering done by the great Takeshi Obata-San! Many have tried to come within 10 years of this achievement, and all but one has failed.

Finally, we take a look at the unique fashion that this teacher has donned. Spoon has decided to pay homage to, who else, Hirohiko Araki-san, whose brilliant clothing has inspired a great many young artists to put some real effort into their choices.

Next time we'll look at Spoon's take on the female body type. I can see the Ken Akamatsu styles just flowing off of it.

Until then!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Well it certainly looks interesting. You sure there's no budget cut lurking around and hiding behind all those fancy weapon and shield effects hmm?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The fact that I recognized more than half of those namedrops makes me ashamed of my weeb-level.

Offline Axem

Well it certainly looks interesting. You sure there's no budget cut lurking around and hiding behind all those fancy weapon and shield effects hmm?

What. I am insulted. INSULTED that you would even think such a thing. C'mon Holley, let's show these unbelievers that all of those kickstarter funds are actually going towards making this production a high quality venture!

Holley: Yeah!

The fact that I recognized more than half of those namedrops makes me ashamed of my weeb-level.

Is it over... 900-

*Is sacked*

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Is it over... 900-

*Is sacked*

Did you just... sack yourself? :lol:

Offline Axem

Progress marches on!

Here's some cool screenshots so everyone can get overhyped before the disappointing awesome release!

First: Delta 1's adventure? What sort of adventure is it?

Ugh, flash back? Those are always so lame. Maybe Delta 1 can jazz it up a bit as...

He's searching for a fighter to buy. SO EXCITING.

Eventually he finds the light bomber of his dreams and finds some mysterious drones that start attacking him out of the blue purple.

Don't worry, he finds the answers to everything.

Then this whole princess business. You don't need to worry about her getting kidnapped, the ne'er-do-wells would return her promptly, even if all her staff urge the ne'er-do-wells otherwise.

But anyway, you do get some nice hardware.

To idle in.

Nah, just kidding, there's lots of Shivans to blow up. Just make sure you kill them faster than they kill you or you might have a mutiny on your hands!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The day this is released will be a good one.

The day this is released will be a good one.
I think it will be rather ordinary. You could even call it just another day.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Online Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Axem.

I've just checked this for the first time since October due to marriage planning and wife priority override of my spare time.

What are you feeding this mod?
It grow strong.

also kudos to El-Spoono for the art style.

(Need moar dawn though)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Axem

Pancakes. Lots and lots of pancakes.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Vasudan Mama.  Mother of God...

Offline Axem

Hi guys!

Work is still being done, even with me not showcasing any new stuff. Mostly because the work I'm doing is reworking the old JAD2.21 missions... You'd think I'd be able to call those complete by now, I mean its been almost 5 years since I first released them. The perils of being a perfectionist I suppose...

Actually the work is adding a bunch of new visual novel scenes, making sure the new headanis match their messages, being consumed by Dark Souls 3, and fixing weird bugs that have suddenly come up. You know, the usual.

And once that's done, JAD2.22 will be soon to follow, I'm aiming to get that out this year as well. Like I reported before, the missions are all technically done and technically playable, but there's always bugs to fix and presentation to be polished!

Spoiler:
*Axem deletes everything and starts again

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Spoiler:
*Axem deletes everything and starts again

Spoiler:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Is there any progress on a certain collaborative something? :drevil:

* StarSlayer wink wink nudge nudge
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Axem

Nooot yet, but its certainly something I'm aiming to have done!