Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

FS Blue: The Great Hunt Feedback

(1/1)

captain austin:
(Apologies if this belongs in this thread https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=90803.400, I got a necro warning when I went to post it there)

Finally got around to playing FS Blue on Insane and am quite excited about the new and improved Slaying Ravana (so so so worth it to anyone who hasn't yet played FS Blue, there's my pitch). However, I had 2 questions about its oft-overshadowed cousin, The Great Hunt:

1) The bug from retail where the SC Asuras is identified as a Lilith in the briefing, despite being a Cain, is repeated. Is this still chalked up to  Lt Samsa never saying the word "Cain" bad nebular intelligence? Or did inserting a Lilith in lieu of a Cain break the balance of this mission due to lack of Trebs? FWIW, this was the first mission where I ended with 100% hull and all my wingmen alive. The Actium was above 80%, and I didn't fire a shot at either cruiser ("Avoid the beam and you won't get hit, pilot")

2) Isn't monologue 1 supposed to play before mission 6? No such luck using the default BP Complete build currently available on Knossos. Happy to provide logs etc. if needed (for all I know cutscenes may have been removed like ranks, though I didn't see anything to that end...sorry if I missed it).

Lots of love and elbow grease in this campaign, and it shows already. Thanks again guys.

Nightmare:
Actually, shouldn't the original thread be moved to the BP board?

FrikgFeek:
The difference between a Cain and Lilith is insanely huge. The Lilith has 7.5 times more health and its LRED does almost 14 times more damage than the Cain's SRed.
Hell, the beam cannon itself has 2250 health which is enough to eat 3 trebs or 215 Prometheus S bolts(so 54 hits with 4 guns assuming every single shot hits).
That single beam cannon could kill the Actium in ~35 seconds. By itself. Throwing Liliths at the player without appropriate tools to deal with that beam cannon(maxim or trebuchet) is generally not a good idea due to just how OP Liliths are.

captain austin:

--- Quote from: FrikgFeek on May 12, 2019, 07:55:08 pm ---The difference between a Cain and Lilith is insanely huge. The Lilith has 7.5 times more health and its LRED does almost 14 times more damage than the Cain's SRed.
Hell, the beam cannon itself has 2250 health which is enough to eat 3 trebs or 215 Prometheus S bolts(so 54 hits with 4 guns assuming every single shot hits).
That single beam cannon could kill the Actium in ~35 seconds. By itself. Throwing Liliths at the player without appropriate tools to deal with that beam cannon(maxim or trebuchet) is generally not a good idea due to just how OP Liliths are.

--- End quote ---

Yikes. Well, the numbers certainly don't lie...

In that case, it may be worth inserting a brief, in-character commentary in the debriefing "recommendations" screen explaining the discrepancy. Given that BP consistently relies on those "recommendations" to expound on plot points/character development, and also stylistically elects to never voices them, I was a tad surprised to see the recurrence of "We have no recommendations for you" in FS Blue. Lots of other ways this could have been integrated throughout the campaign even without overly "characterizing" Alpha 1...e.g. a notice that everything in "A Place of Chariots" was classified, as happens in-game on recovery of Kappa; goodbye notes from your Squadron Commanders on transfer; secret comments from Snipes after briefings on the NTF loop)

Though understanding what's done is done, and the time constraints of the team, here's 1 meaningless fan vote for letting sleeping dogs lie and instead pursuing the new Act.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version