Author Topic: If you could create a video game, how would you make it?  (Read 8921 times)

Re: If you could create a video game, how would you make it?

I'd also love a Power Armor tech noir FPS game that actually made you feel like you were in a totally cool suit of metal, had great gameplay that was obviously different than that of generic FPSs like Halo or Half-Life. Tribes: Vengance is really the closest thing I could think of to it, but if I were to make one I'd make it less "baw drama love" and more "srs bzns mysterious problems" and a bit less futuristic; much more conventional weaponry.

Fun depressing fact: T:V was originally supposed to be all about "srs bzns mysterious problems" and got plotaxed for being too complicated.

Also love the idea though, less so the conventional weapons.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline mxlm

A Shadowrun T/FPS that had more to do with Mass Effect or Deus Ex or Alpha Protocol than, uh, Counter-Strike.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

some peopel replying don't seem to understand the difference between a game and a mod but anyway.

If I were to make a game it would be retro-styled with raster graphics and digitally distributed via xbla or stem or something of that nature but first I'd need to learn programming!

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Something like an Iron-Man FPS woud be cool for the powered-armour type of game, ignoring the fact that movie tie ins are (almost) universally bad.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
If I were to create a video game, the way that I would make it would be.... Well, I would make the engine, then create the content, and then release it.

But that's just me.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Something like an Iron-Man FPS woud be cool for the powered-armour type of game, ignoring the fact that movie tie ins are (almost) universally bad.

I think what we're agitating for here is something more along the lines of how MechWarrior 3 worked out; a look-and-feel to go with being encased in a seven-to-ten foot suit of battle armor, rather than existing ones which give the impression of being a man on foot.

Iron Man is, more or less, a man on foot, and is supposed to be.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I wouldn't mind power armor power armor, just as long as it felt like power armor with jump jets, heavy resistance to small arms fire, and everything augmented strength allows such as smashing through things and carrying big guns.  I'm holding out hope for Relic's new game, the aptly titled Space Marine.

Then again, battle armor would be taking all that up to eleven. :drevil: ;7
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I just want SOMETHING using intergalactic free flight on that i-novae engine those infinity guys are working on.

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
republic commando 2. lotta potential there. so find sev or something

ps is it just me or does star wars, especially in games, try to rehash itself in diff periods of time?

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
If I could make any game it would be Descent 4 or Freespace 3. And they would be done right, goddamn it.

Offline Davros

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I return to you all who seek a power armor game to point out...

Section 8: Prejudice is due out May 4th, and it's pretty much dirt cheap at $15 bucks or less off Steam. The original had most of the things we praised about T:V, plus burning in which was a pretty awesome mechanic.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Already have it on 360. Am not disappointed.  :)