Author Topic: PC gamepad with lots and lots of buttons?  (Read 62656 times)

Offline Topgun

PC gamepad with lots and lots of buttons?
I need a new controller as the xbox360 controller I am using now doesn't have nearly enough buttons or configurability (Is that a word?).
Any ideas?

Re: PC gamepad with lots and lots of buttons?
Could you give me your Xbox controller once you get a new one?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Topgun

Could you give me your Xbox controller once you get a new one?
If you pay shipping. its the gamespot brand I doubt it will be worth it.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
buy a joystick.

if buttons is the issue, im sure there is some 3rd party control mapping software you could use to fake a shift button.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Topgun

buy a joystick.

if buttons is the issue, im sure there is some 3rd party control mapping software you could use to fake a shift button.

I need it for than just freespace.

Offline Kolgena

Can't you get a gamepad to work concurrently with keyboard?

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Can't you get a gamepad to work concurrently with keyboard?

that depends, can you grow extra hands?

buy a joystick.

I need it for than just freespace.

thats about what i figured. theres a limit to how many buttons can fit on a gamepad. a single hand joystick can free up your other hand for the keyboard, and a hotas gives you more buttons than you could ever use. gamepads really arent the way to go if you need more buttons.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:19:11 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Topgun

I used to have a logitech that was perfect but it broke after a couple of years and now they don't manufacture it anymore.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i had a gravis gamepad which wasnt too bad. but it got dropped somewhere along the lines and stopped working.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline iieeann

I am looking for the exactly same thing.  So far I can't really find one perfectly match my requirement.

I am very particular on the number of buttons.  Many gamepad manufacturers in this world have gone backward reducing the number of buttons for unknown retarded reason.  Moving from 6 face buttons to 4 is a good example.  I don't care about the price, let it be sky high but I just want the god d*mn buttons!

However after the long search, I have 3 shortlisted gamepads.  Have a look, 1 of them may fit your need.  I am disappointed because none of those have 6 face buttons.

1) Thrustmaster Run-N-Drive, Wireless, USA. 2008. PC + PS
http://www.thrustmaster.com/files.aspx?ProductID=92&Images=1
Review at :-
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=235&Itemid=65&limit=1&limitstart=0

14 programmable buttons (What i noticed).
Additional 2 at left Dpad and 2 at bottom.

2) Elecom JC-U3016 series.  Wired, Japan. 2009.
http://www2.elecom.co.jp/peripheral/gamepad/jc-u3016f/index.asp

16 programmable buttons (officially announced)

3) Laishida PXN-2933.  Wireless, China. 2010.
http://www.e-pxn.com.cn/cn/products/detail.asp?id=456

16 programmable buttons (what i observed.  Officially announced only 12, the 4 mini buttons at left dpad are not included)

I am currently using this Saitek P2900, only 13 programmable buttons.  2005
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:00:41 am by iieeann »

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
11eeann: can you pass the turing test or are you a bot?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I am currently using this Saitek P2900, only 13 programmable buttons. 

I bought something similar once, but then I found it frustrating to use, so I gave it away.

11eeann: can you pass the turing test or are you a bot?

I thought spambots were less sophisticated.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline iieeann

huh, I am still modifying the post and already got reply  :eek2:

The verification letters are hard to read, especially the letter T in the big picture.  Read it as I and many times not pass.

Offline iieeann

I bought something similar once, but then I found it frustrating to use, so I gave it away.

Yes the gamepad is of lower quality build, non-ergonomic and the gamepad control program is really complicated and i spent lots of time on it.  It offers me 12+1 buttons, so that is why i still using it.  the +1 button is the analog/digital button and really f*cking hard to make it into action button; even with so it is not working perfectly.

I have another 3 (three) Logitech Cordless Rumblepad version 1.  Has 11 programmable buttons, ergonomic on hand held but too heavy.  I opened up the case and cut off the 2 vibrating motors to reduce the weight. 4 size AA batteries, imagine how heavy it is.

Offline Topgun

That last one, the logitech, thats what I used to have, it was great but now they don't make it anymore and I can't find it anywhere

Offline iieeann

hehe, that is why i have 3 (three) of them.  I search in ebay periodically for anybody selling used set and bought it just in case if my units died one day.  New in box set is almost impossible to find.
Do not buy controller alone without the USB receiver, they must be in pair and won't synchronize with each other.  I am still using it, but am leaning towards Saitek P2900 because of 13 programmable buttons (logitech only 11).  I just found out last night to perperly setup the Saitek analog/digital button. 

2nd generation (until now) gamepads from Logitech are all as what i said of retarded design.   Should logitech have kept the 6 face buttons design I would have saved my time looking for other brands.  Even Saitek has fallen into the same stupid trend.  Newer products are all 4 face buttons ... :no:

yii, how come no more verification and the space ship picture now?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 07:25:21 pm by iieeann »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Would this be enough buttons?

Offline iieeann

:D that would be a perfect set for racing, shooting or flight simulation game.

Both Topgun and me are looking for gamepad only and not joystick. I play mmoprg game and still requires keyboard very often and a compact gamepad with maximum buttons could help a lot.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
*snip*
that is the most badass thing ive ever seen. i always did like dual joystick configurations. if ch had a left handed fighter stick, id have bought it already. best way to play mech or tank games imho.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

I have a P880 wired one sitting next to me, looks exactly the same. Borrowed it from a friend, love it, hoping to get one for Christmas.

Sig nuked! New one coming soon!