Author Topic: Donation Drive  (Read 33062 times)

...You mean how i just clicked a star wars ad? :P

Here's the deal. I'll click one ad every week. How's that? :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
For every click it cost the company putting the ad up money according to how much it appears... or at-least that's how it works with google.  I.E. a Ad will appear more if they payed $1.00 a click rather than $0.01
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
No false clicking. No schedules. I got my AdSense account permanently banned because of false clicks. The only thing we're asking is not to block the ads. Don't go committing to clicking once per whatever. Just don't. Click when your interest is piqued, and only then.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
To clarify, Sandwich got his HLP AdSense account blocked because people on HLP were trying to rig the clicking.

So don't even think about false clicking.  You'd be risking the financial health of the forum, and in my opinion we'd be fully justified in permabanning anyone who tries it.

Offline Ryan

To clarify, Sandwich got his HLP AdSense account blocked because people on HLP were trying to rig the clicking.

So don't even think about false clicking.  You'd be risking the financial health of the forum, and in my opinion we'd be fully justified in permabanning anyone who tries it.

Ah. Well then I wont to that. But I did click on the Old BSG add, And I'm enjoying free episodes of A great show. Never seen these before... :)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I did go for a few rounds, not that many though but yes (I wasn't that active).
Habeeb it...

Offline eliex

Money en route.
HLP is the bastion for Freespace!  :D

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I usually click ads cause they're so retarded I have to see what they are.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Don't you like it when someone's advertising scheme works flawlessly? :D

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...

I think Sandwich made that pretty clear.  But just to make things VERY clear:

Sandwich got HIS ADSENSE BANNED!!111 because YOU PEOPLE[/i] kept mass-clicking!!!!!!!!!

Offline watsisname

Here's $10 to help keep this great comminuty striving. :)
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I think Sandwich made that pretty clear.
I just wanted to make sure nobody interpreted it as Sandwich getting his personal AdSense account blocked because he personally was making false clicks, is all.  That doesn't convey the same sense of importance. :)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I just wanted to make sure nobody interpreted it as Sandwich getting his personal AdSense account blocked because he personally was making false clicks, is all.

That would be stupid. :p

And yes, to clarify, from the horse's mouth:

My personal AdSense account was being used for one purpose: HLP ad income. But when ads on HLP got falsely clicked, my personal account got permanently terminated.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
well since HLP is getting paid for out of your personal account, it would only make sense that it was your personal Adsense account.

So give us a heads up.  Since you made this thread, what amount of donations have you seen?

I was just about to donate, but I wound up giving my money to Rick Roll instead. :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Well, y'all have come through real well, I must say. Current tally is $548.49. :eek2:

Looks like we'll be around for quite a while yet... ;)

20$ from Switzerland  :yes: Keep up the good work.
----------------------------------------------
GTD Swiss Pride - Orion Class
Swiss 1st Fleet, Sector 32 - Ore Belt - Sol
----------------------------------------------
"I'm an engineer!"

Eve: Since Beta Phase 2
Civilizazion Fan: Seems like forever...
SimCity Fan: SC 2000 is still the best
TT Fan: Since 1995
Switzerland: Since 1291

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
So...everyone just gave this forum another 5.5 months? How long has this thread been open?

Though I can't donate yet - except for a measly 30c or whatever an ad pays if I click on it...
I'm only joined to 2 forums - GW and HLP - it would be crap if one of them shutdown, but I think someones have given HLP a new afterburner :nod:
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
So...everyone just gave this forum another 5.5 months? How long has this thread been open?

Two weeks or so? ;)