19 (7.5%)
GTF Myrmidon
14 (5.5%)
GTF Ares
43 (16.9%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Favorite terran fighter  (Read 97721 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Favorite terran fighter
Some FS ships have horrible gun placement which makes it impossible to hit with (ie. the old Claymore 2)

It's not up there and its not a fighter, but Damn i love the Athena. It just looks so fricken COOL!
I also prefer ships without spastic turning such as the Claymore or Vesuvius.
SCP is the greatest cause of Inferiority Complexes in those that can't run it

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most of the time I prefer the perseus cuz well its just so freaking cool and fast and manouverable. But if im gooing to a hard battle the i usualy take either a herk mk2 or a Ares or a Eryinyes! Or if I can I go with the terran Mara! That thing is just fenomenal secondary banks larger then a bommber primary banks plentiful as well. Huge armour and shielding and very fast a deadly.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
If you'd put that pool on fs.pl 90% votes would go to either Herc II or Erinyes. :P Anyway I choice Pegasus as I prefer light fighters and stealth tactics rather than heavy tanks.
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Anyway I choice Pegasus as I prefer light fighters and stealth tactics rather than heavy tanks.

The Pegasus, even if it looses its stealth ability, is very deadly in multi. It's deadly fast and when armed with Harpoons, can really give you a hard time. Also, when fighting head on, the suicide ability never works as you just can't hit it. Supernova whacked me good with that thing.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Once you hit the Pegasus, it's done... especially with Morning Stars...

Basically, like in the nebula mission where you test it, you just have to hit it a few times before it's rendered useless... even with stealth, using Rockeyes and Morning Stars will definately allow you to gain the upper hand (until it gets out of sight).It's hard to keep up when you push it away so much...

They should have another weapon like the Morning Comet or something; instead of pushing it pulls.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They should have another weapon like the Morning Comet or something; instead of pushing it pulls.

There's a Shivan weapon called 'Vapula,' from Lightspeed's pack, which does that..

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I never quite understood LIghtspeed's packs...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Normally having a weapon that pulls would have to achieved by not throwing projectiles to collide with the target. More of a beam that comes out and pulls the target. Or go simple and make a secondary weapon that shoots out a hook line and sinker. Shoot out a cable that stick to the target and do some dragging. That'd be fun, sort of like the empire strikes back in lego star wars.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Some mediavps ani are named "vapula".
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
, exported from Lightspeed's pack.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Is that guy in circulation?

Ehm my favourite fighter is the EAF Claymore Mark aye aye aye.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
Some FS ships have horrible gun placement which makes it impossible to hit with (ie. the old Claymore 2)

I wouldn't say impossible to hit, but it defiantly makes it hard to hit with all your banks on the Troth, Horus, and Ursa...

That being said, I think the Perseus and the Eryinies have great gunpoints.
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think the Valk and Herc have superb placement as they have guns just under. Also the Ares since they're quite good as they're close the middle.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I don't see how the left-right gun placement doesn't make sense... I'm less accurate "down-the-line" then I am "around-the-line"... then again the Joystick might be part of the reason...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Usually you can hit but if it's a small narrow target it gets quite difficult to hit without down the line firing (case in point, Ulysses fighters).

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
That's what missiles and maneuvering is for... get above it and you can't miss. Missile hit constantly too. What's good is at close-range, they try to point toward you (and thus try to fly around you). Keep aiming toward them and they keep circling around you, eventually they go a strait line to try to get you off of them.

Oh Trebs work quite well against other fighters... the AI is too stupid to try to avoid them from long range. I took out 6 Lawyers (JAD2) quickly with Trebs.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
That's because lawyers like big huge long things that go for a long time, they even encourage the huge blast. Lawyers are gross :ick:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
It depends on the situation.

For interception I use the Perseus

For heavy assault I use the Ares

But for general 0wn4g3 I use the Erinyes
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
When you use the Claymore Mark aye aye, you hit a fighter with max 2 laser shots per time. It's effective against warships, however...

Its firing points should be changed. Like WWII fighters, they should convergere in un punto, maximizing the effectiveness.
The Lightblue Ribbon