Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 190330 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within
I strongly favor massive and ambitious total-conversions and I even tend to rant about them from time to time, but I think it might be good for me (and newbies) to start something small, without custom assets and small missions.

Should I leave Shattered Stars for the time being? Or I find someone who can? Or I continue to work on it as if it is like BP:AOA?

That sounds like an awesome plan.  Start small and build your skills.  Even though AoA was a one-man project, I doubt that was the first thing Darius worked on.  Seems like I saw that name a lot when I was reading about Inferno in my early HLP days. 

As your skills grow, so will your ability to introduce new assets and FSO features into your work.   That will also give you time for your SS storyline to gel, resulting in a more consistent and enjoyable experience when you resume working on the mod.
That sounds like a sensible suggestion so far. To do otherwise is to ruin the mod itself. This is an issue for not just SS, but also potential projects such as the untitled Galactic Rim Worlds game, the untitled true Galaxian 3/UGSF mod, and the FreeSpace version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and Super Smash Bros. Non-TC ones like the Total Recall 2012-based game, FS:Reunited (to be based on SS), the Ender's Game-based game, and the Regime game are also affected.

As for the greater SS storyline, there is more than one side to this. SS:ADW takes place in an alternate universe, the same universe as the currently-desolate Earth where the 2018 Mortal Engines film takes place. The greater SS storyline is primed to be the logical epilogue to the FS saga, following Blue Planet.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Nope, he's back to normal.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Nope, he's back to normal.
I liked your comment.

I'm working on a small campaign revolving Kappa 3 from the FS2 mission "Mystery of the Trinity" at the time of the disappearance.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Okay, now this sounds like a really solid idea. I suggest that you should work on it without releasing many status updates to the public, just maybe a small piece of info when you cross some important milestone in developement of this minicampaign.
Please focus on making missions that flow nicely, even if they are really simple and basic. This is what will decide whether your campaign will be... acceptable and playable. Also, try to make dialogues that feel natural. "Mute" missions are boring :P.
If the beta release will be functional and fun to play, you can expect that some people will provide constructive criticism about your missions and you might even find yourself a native English speaker to go through your text and correct it.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Okay, now this sounds like a really solid idea. I suggest that you should work on it without releasing many status updates to the public, just maybe a small piece of info when you cross some important milestone in developement of this minicampaign.
Please focus on making missions that flow nicely, even if they are really simple and basic. This is what will decide whether your campaign will be... acceptable and playable. Also, try to make dialogues that feel natural. "Mute" missions are boring :P.
If the beta release will be functional and fun to play, you can expect that some people will provide constructive criticism about your missions and you might even find yourself a native English speaker to go through your text and correct it.
I take my word on it.

In the meantime, modelling is now proceeding smoothly. The UIMS Defiant Class is having a makeover.

The UIMS fleet from the UGSF series.

Y'all had said earlier that I didn't author 99.9 percent of them, but I actually did convert all these UIMS models ripped from the PSX games to FSO, which are nothing but placeholders for the high-poly makeovers. One of them is the UIMS Defiant Class (the other one is the Deathball A).

You may know the Defiant Class (not to be confused with the starship from Star Trek) from Star Ixiom and the bonus scenario featured in the PlayStation port of the theme park attraction, Galaxian 3.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template