Author Topic: WIP HTL Hecate  (Read 24348 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Well, made smaller atleast.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
still need to model the chuncks on it's face
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
like this
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline wolfdog

Originally posted by WMCoolmon
*Never noticed any turrets on the wings*

Did you add those?

Originally posted by ngtm1r
There are wing-mounted turrets in the cutscenes that seem to have been dropped ingame...

http://www.thewolfdog.com/wingturret.jpg  

Still there, it's a beam turret though.....

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
AWSOME

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:  5 thumbs up from our resident Shivans
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Originally posted by Bobboau
still need to model the chuncks on it's face

I won't do that, because:
1) The poly count is already too high
2) Texture maps can simulate that pretty well
3) I still have faith that you will implement bump mapping to SCP (hint hint) :D

Will this model be equipped with any destroyable, non-targettable, sub-objects?

nop, sorry...

There are wing-mounted turrets in the cutscenes that seem to have been dropped ingame...

Well, the turrets are still there, but Wolfdog is partially right: the the turrets in the upper side of the wings are beams, but the ones in the bottom are flak :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
bump mapping can't simulate the ability to fly through the ridges created by the chuncks
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
I know, but like I said, the poly count is already too high
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline Roanoke

You're kidding, right ?
Someone show Raven Omni's BSG,

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Not everyone has a mean machine at hoime you know.

and what about mission where more than one of those high-poly ship. What if I have a mission where 3 or 4 of these monsters (or more) appear.
No one wants a slidshow. Good models, yes. Unnecessary polys, no.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Actually, at one stage i managed to put 30 high poly tritons into one mission - which adds up to 179 070 polys visible at one point in time, and 510 thruster glowpoints all visible to the player. The triton also uses a 2048x2048 res texture, along with 1024 res glowmaps and shinemaps - each.
All the recent FSO builds managed to average 80-90 FPS. Even with particle damage effects all over the place. My machine back then wasn't hugely powerful either - 2.4Ghz, 512 ram and a R9800pro.
As far as i can tell, multiple itterations of a ship on screen will not really adversely affect framerates. ;) Besides, how often will someone be using more than two Hecates in one mission anyway? :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hmm..I dunno..

I personally have a Athlon 1900, 1GB DDR anda GForce 4 Ti 4200 (64MB) and with everything turned on I do experience slowdowns..so I cut the tga/jpg, 32 bit textures and shinemapping.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I don't think the face bumps would cause much slowdown at all. They also make the model look a lot more like the Hecate (IMHO).
-C

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Make them sub-objects opnly shown at short distances.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I cut the tga/jpg, 32 bit textures and shinemapping
That's a known slowdown - have you tried it with just the tga/jpg, shine and glow settings on in a recent build? If you've got a gig of ram it should run decently. (tho your card is a bit on the old side. :\ )
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
No... and that's final.

Sorry about that render lovers, but as a game modder, one must have a sense that not everyone has ubber machines, and I do try to please everyone. I'll keep it as it is because:

1) It is about time it gets textured
2) It already has a bit enough polys to be viable in most situations (low or high end machines, model crowded missions, etc...)
3) I have little time, and I want to focus on the Ravana

Sorry guys

Raven is a god.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Just add the parts. We're talking only 100 more polygons at the most.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
he can do whatever he wants, if he doesn't do it someone else can modify it after he releases it.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3