Author Topic: Mini campaign idea  (Read 3081 times)

I was going to make a mini campaign where your baced on the GTD Intrepid, at the battle of Deneb and was hoping to get some help with what ships were avalible and the even'ts. I know from the intro a Typhon and Orion were there as well as a Demon, and Lucifer but what elss? I wan't it to be as it would of been at that time so any help would be good here I also need a story/ plot.

I can setup battles but not exicute them with even'ts so I came here for help, and I don't know how to set up a .fs2c file.:confused:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 02:36:05 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I guess you'd have to just watch the FS2 intro however many times you need and see for yourself.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Originally posted by Knight Templar
I guess you'd have to just watch the FS2 intro however many times you need and see for yourself.

I know that but I was thinking about it and just throughing the player into a battle would not make any sence at all so I need a bigger plot than the just Battle of Deneb. And about how many capships should I pout into a mission anyway?

5-10? that seems a bit much for one mission. I'm basicly looking the fans to help me work it all out. What kind of battle plan would the fleet there have setup? What would go wrong? ship names all this stuff. I'm looking for a idea or to.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 02:33:58 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
well there's nothing wrong with single missions. Hardly anyone makes those anymore. But if you want to make sort of a total fleet warfare campaign, you'll need to either go back and look at the campaign, figure out when the BoD was, then structure around major engagements then, or something else. I don't really remember much off the top of my head, soo.....
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Your going to have cruisers as well, don't forget them.

I always imaged doing a Battle of Deneb mission where the mission itself was to evaculate some refugees out of the battle area just prior to the start of the battle. Once they're gone you get the choice to either jump back to your base of operations, or fight in the Battle and probably die.

One of the problems with doing a 'Battle of Deneb' mission will be the 'Battle of Endor sindrome' (sp?). You could put the player on the very edge of the battle. With all the cruisers and destroyers 20-40km away in a scriped battle (no fighters). And you've got to protect the flanks (or whatever). Basically have a couple of friendly cruisers (one Terran, one Vasudan for instance), which you have to protect againest bombers and Shivan cruisers.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Originally posted by Tar-Palantir
Your going to have cruisers as well, don't forget them.

I always imaged doing a Battle of Deneb mission where the mission itself was to evaculate some refugees out of the battle area just prior to the start of the battle. Once they're gone you get the choice to either jump back to your base of operations, or fight in the Battle and probably die.

One of the problems with doing a 'Battle of Deneb' mission will be the 'Battle of Endor sindrome' (sp?). You could put the player on the very edge of the battle. With all the cruisers and destroyers 20-40km away in a scriped battle (no fighters). And you've got to protect the flanks (or whatever). Basically have a couple of friendly cruisers (one Terran, one Vasudan for instance), which you have to protect againest bombers and Shivan cruisers.

That sounds good. Would it be ok if the player would move from one part of the battle to the next/ like move to sector bla bla? and on the 2nd last mission face the Lucifer in a final capship/fleet battle of the 12 remaining ships? Then I could set it up so the Intrepid would retreat, and the rest of the fleet would defend or flee and die? that would make it realy darmatic.

Eddit: I'll need a name plate for the Intepid High resz so it looks good too. Is there a how too make name plates document somewhere?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 11:21:49 am by 194 »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I was planning on including the Battle of Deneb in my Vasudan campaign at some point, but that's some distance away.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
I was planning on including the Battle of Deneb in my Vasudan campaign at some point, but that's some distance away.

Well I'll think I'll just wate then. On a side note are the ships in FS2 all to ingame to scailwith the tech data tables? If not that would be a awsome addon for the FS port campagin.  It would also make it ok to have only 3-4 cap ships in one mission.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
They are, they just don;lt look it.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Originally posted by Black Wolf
They are, they just don;lt look it.

Thanks for clearing that up been waiten for an answer for like 4 days now :lol::lol: But what do u mean by they just don't look it?
IS there a way to get them to look it?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
There is, but it involves the Source Code - currently when you play FS2 you're seeing something like 180 degrees of the battlefield as your field of view, to simulate the fact that you'd be able to look left and right in your cockpit. If you were to reduce this, the ships would appear bigger, but you wouldn't see enemies coming at you from the left and right, so it'd be something of a tradeoff.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp