Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: downloading for another system
« Last post by bloated on December 12, 2018, 09:49:08 pm »
last time I did a download I was able to grab the entire file and transfer it to a different XP system at a later date..... it's been years since I played so it was most definitely an older version.

I've kept my Win7 system clean for the sake of it and used the older XP box for all of my gaming (stopped buying games around 2010 as a matter of principal), at the time their were compatibility issues with certain video cards so I'd use the XP rig and swap cards as needed depending on what I was playing.

Crimson Skies, Mechwarrior 3, Pirates moon, possibly Heavy Gear 2 and BattleZone 2 along with a few others I don't remember.  It's been a while.

anyway with everything hooked to the XP rig I'm looking to keep it all there.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Enioch's naval shenanigans - RTW as Germany - [Image Heavy!]
« Last post by Spoon on December 12, 2018, 08:38:23 pm »
I too would like to see some closure to this.

Also agreed about Drachinifel, been actively following his vids since he started using his own voice instead of the text to speech. He's very knowledgable and has a wonderful dry sense of humor.
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: i'm an idiot
« Last post by Assassin714 on December 12, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »
Well when I was flying around it I felt it was like flying around Deep Space Nine.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Enioch's naval shenanigans - RTW as Germany - [Image Heavy!]
« Last post by The E on December 12, 2018, 07:26:49 pm »
I would certainly like to see how this story continues, even if it's just AARs about the interesting moments and not month-by-month updates.
« Last post by Enioch on December 12, 2018, 06:51:32 pm »
Drachinifel is a genius and his commentary is on-point and concise. It has been a pleasure following the rise of his channel.  :yes:

I've been reviewing the screenshots and the upcoming wars are a bit boring, with the exception of the Big OneTM around 1951.  Frankly, after the last war, there is very little that can challenge Germany except the USA.I might revisit this, if there's interest, but I think I will change the format a bit and focus on single battles and exciting moments, kind of like those stupid documentaries that you got in the late 90s/early 00s, with deep-voiced (and exciting!) narrators being all triumphant and saying historically inaccurate (but exciting!) things while historical footage plays on the background, interspersed with (exciting!) dramatic recreations of various events with bad acting and usually racist accents.

EDIT: Also, I was looking forward to starting a RTW2 game, but the release has been pushed back to March, so there is some time left to wrap things up.
The FreeSpace Upgrade Project / Re: 1999 vs 2018 video
« Last post by WhiteFox on December 12, 2018, 05:55:13 pm »
Sorry, i have bad ears :P
« Last post by StarSlayer on December 12, 2018, 05:52:49 pm »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.

"Damn the Necro! Four bells. Captain Drayton, go ahead! Jouett, full speed!"

I recently stumbled across this nifty Naval History Channel on youtube.  The majority of the content is 5~ minutes long, and provide tasty Naval History catnip.  The specific video I found relevant is the following:

I have the honour to be, your obedient servant.

-JB

P.S.  Enioch, will we every learn how Imperial Germany acquired the Panama Canal?

« Last post by Galemp on December 12, 2018, 05:52:18 pm »
You should play Vasudan Imperium. There's a Karnak CB Ani we made based on the intro to DS9.
« Last post by Spoon on December 12, 2018, 05:28:30 pm »
FreeSpace Discussion / i'm an idiot
« Last post by Kestrellius on December 12, 2018, 05:13:37 pm »
it took me THIS LONG to realize that the Karnak is based on Deep Space 9

And, like, I'm a pretty big fan of DS9. I really really like that show.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >