Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
It's definitely on-going. In fact, I spent quite a bit of time last week getting the files into a state where I can think about uploading them to Knossos. I just need to test I didn't screw anything up when I did it and then I'll upload to Knossos.
I was granted access to the code and have played through the first mission of Raider Wars.  I think they are looking for more people to help test all the missions so it can be packaged and released to Knossos. It is running on the latest build of FSO and looks pretty nice. Not as good as FSO with the updated graphics but better with FSO 3.8.x and using Reshade. 

I will get back to it in the fall as we travel a lot now being retired and having daughters in two different states in opposite directions.
Gaming Discussion / Re: What are you playing right now?
« Last post by Akalabeth Angel on July 17, 2018, 03:29:54 am »
Finished Uncharted LL and playing Titanfall 2's SP campaign. Pretty fun but I wish I could disable Auto Aim.  Also I don't find the parkour elements to be very workable most of the time, probably just need to get good, but during combat I don't find there's enough places to wall run to get up to speed.

The mecha combat is also kinda meh.  I actually prefer being outside of the Titan so far, combat seems more dynamic.
Should star citizen not deliver (which I see as more and more unavoidable), the negative impact on crowdfunding projects in general will be enormous.

I don't think it will have any impact at all.  Star Citizen is years old, it's long from the public eye except for those involved in it.
General Discussion / Re: *SPOILER THREAD* Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Last post by -Joshua- on July 17, 2018, 12:02:07 am »
MARVEL does not suffer from this lack of material to create new movies from. All they have to decide is what movies *not* to create, because once someone says "Captain Marvel is greenlit", they all basically know what to do. In Star Wars, they have no idea. So they just rehash the same kinds of people, the same kinds of robots, the same kinds of biomes, aesthetics and so on.

Thing is, they can pull a lot from the Extended Universe, in the same way that Marvel is pulling from the comics. I mean, you could argue that most of the EU is kinda crap, but so is most of Marvel's comic history, and a lot of Marvel's success has not been about rehashing stuff most people already know, but looking at underappreciated or underdeveloped material and putting it in a new light (BLACK PANTHER). Disney already has plenty of creative talent that is willing to put out some interesting pitches in the new extended universe stuff: The comics, for instance.

Even then, none of this was present in Solo's marketing push.
That's precisely what I'm afraid of. How many promising projects might go belly up in the future because of the desastrous choices of a few like star citizen or no man sky?

Wait, No Man's Sky wasn't crowdfunded right?
They should take the money they get from crowdfounding to lotterys all over the world. With all the money they received they'll surely be able to win some nice jackpot, and to lever the sum thereby.
That's precisely what I'm afraid of. How many promising projects might go belly up in the future because of the desastrous choices of a few like star citizen or no man sky?

Should star citizen not deliver (which I see as more and more unavoidable), the negative impact on crowdfunding projects in general will be enormous.

On the other hand it's funny to see how in a sense, history repeats itself through terrible management decisions. Anyone familiar with the cinematic industry remember "food fight"? Funny how I'm sensing déjà vu.
Just Another Day / Re: Just Another Day: Just Another Discussion Thread
« Last post by Axem on July 16, 2018, 10:34:35 pm »
 :)
Diaspora / Re: libpbg12-dev
« Last post by tomimaki on July 16, 2018, 09:55:56 pm »
Install libpng-dev
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10