Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
The Modding Workshop / Re: What are you working on?
« Last post by coffeesoft on September 23, 2018, 08:36:39 am »
Testing a Death Star surface...  ;)

Highlights / Re: Shadow Genesis 2017 Released!
« Last post by Mongoose on September 23, 2018, 06:12:14 am »
A year-old highlight is not the place for tech support.  Please use the actual release thread in the future.
General Discussion / Re: *SPOILER THREAD* Star Wars: The Last Jedi
« Last post by Mongoose on September 23, 2018, 06:05:10 am »
TM criticizing a movie's writing pretty much counts as a ringing endorsement of it.
Diaspora / Re: what about interface ?
« Last post by karajorma on September 23, 2018, 03:48:17 am »
We're not working on the interface at the moment but if you'd like to we're all happy to give you any help we can.

The new UI system that Cyborg mentions would be a great place to start. I strongly advise looking at this topic https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95091.0
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: Trouble Installing FSO
« Last post by Goober5000 on September 23, 2018, 12:10:09 am »
and proceeded to run the FSO installer. However, when it wants me to select which items to install, many of the are already checked and grayed out.

This can be fixed by going to your user directory (such as C:\Users\username) and deleting fsoinstaller.properties.  That will reset the FSO Installer to "factory defaults".

In addition, some mods, like blue planet, are no longer there.

Unfortunately, the host for the Blue Planet downloads is not currently online.  They know about it and presumably are working on a fix.
Hmmm... If nobody wants to work on this right now, could somebody at least tell me who wrote the in-game shaders for the current FSO builts? In particular I'd like to know who did those used for the cloak/uncloak effect.
Neo Terra Victorious / Re: Join Neo Terra Victorious!
« Last post by Goober5000 on September 22, 2018, 10:37:46 pm »
Yeah, that's a problem.  But NTV is one of those mods that was released for retail, without the benefit of a debug build to test it with.  It should work, because it worked in retail, but it would also be a good idea to fix all those debug errors.

I will have time in a few days to investigate those debug errors.  In the meantime, feel free to give it a test playthrough.
Highlights / Re: Shadow Genesis 2017 Released!
« Last post by Iain Baker on September 22, 2018, 10:08:54 pm »
@CT27

Appears to  :)

NB - I didn't modify any ini files, just used a nightly and that appears to work ok, although I only play tested it for a minute or so, so can't vouch for stability etc.

Best of luck :-)
Neo Terra Victorious / Re: Join Neo Terra Victorious!
« Last post by Iain Baker on September 22, 2018, 10:04:28 pm »
Yep, that worked a treat, thank you :-)

NB I did get the warning screen stating "there could be things missing, FS will try to run anyway etc." photo attached. Is this a problem? If so what would I need to do to fix it?

Cheers

PS apologies for the terrible photo, screen shot didn't work properly  :P
Diaspora / Re: what about interface ?
« Last post by Cyborg17 on September 22, 2018, 10:04:03 pm »
There is a new UI system that is being added into the engine, but it is still a work in progress.  The engine can now use apng as well instead of ani, and I believe that counts for interface art.  It has been a while since Diaspora released and I do not know if the original team is working on it any longer and if they are, UI is almost surely low on their list of priorities., so if you want to make a higher quality UI you probably have to yourself.

That image looks great to me, btw.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >