Author Topic: Plots for minicampaigns  (Read 10285 times)

It would be difficult to design custom ships for these campains.  Would there be missions made from the movies or books or would it be made completely by your selves?

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Hippo

Put an invisible wall along the top, and say that your R2 or R5 will not allow you to leave the trench because the TurboLasers are too concentrated, and will have no problem destroying you...

The ship doesn't take damage because your R2's opinion. I think the solution to do a single DS model would be better like in X-wing(the game of 1992), it is not an obligation for the player to go in the trench, but highly recommended because it has an engine performance increase. Don't ask me how about somebody is supposed to do this 'only in trench' speed increase.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
isn't there a sexp that can tell when the player ship has flown a waypoint path within x meters?
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
it's easy, use the distance between sexp.  Or use nav lights for alpha to hook up with to know where to begin his run.  Just have R2 "place a nav light in the hud" at the apropriate time.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

To Makil and other interested...
Considering the polts should be from SW 4,5,and 6 any ships you can think of should be fare game.

As for implementing them in a mission simply do this for now (yes cheesy but WILL WORK)

Rename terran ships to be Rebels (Ulysses is Xwing ect) Shivans are Imperials (Nahema is Tie bomber, ect..) , and Vasudans are assoted aliens (I have no clue), or neutral parties (trading stations from XWA ro smugglers/pirate guilds)...

Then when the mod is finished you can simply replace the ships with the ones from the new table and Voila (a star wars mission complete) ;)

BTW to team...

Do any of you actually own XWA? I do and have been converting the game models I like (especially the stations). Main problem is I can't do turrents so... BTW should a station be big enough to dock a demios? I converted a cool assed repair dock but didn't know how big to make it.. here's a few pics... (temp won't be up long maybe a week)...

Star Wars Repair Station A (untitled for now)
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon/4-1-1-1061706573?m=0&pg=3&ro=0&co=0

Side entrance
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon/4-1-2-1061722188?m=0&pg=3&ro=0&co=1

Shooting the Deimos from the inside back wall
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon/4-1-3-1061740282?m=0&pg=3&ro=0&co=2

Top side down view (when the demios warped out it got caught in the tines, wasn't centered right, maybe I should make station bigger?)
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon/4-1-4-1061753287?m=0&pg=3&ro=0&co=3

Thoughts?:nervous:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Deimos-Repair yard sizes are correct, but how long is that station? what does ModelView say? Because with a Deimos roughly a kilometer long(+, - 150 meters, as I remember.), the station would be more than four of even six kilometers. And that's BIG.

Just BIG in the numbers, in-flight it appears good.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I've got XWA, but i don't think Deimos' are 1 klick... mybe 600-800 meters... as for sizes, i can put an ISD next to each station and get some screens if y'all like...

AHTW

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Yeah, right, the Iceni is one kilometer long, the Deimos is 717 m.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by Hippo

Put an invisible wall along the top, and say that your R2 or R5 will not allow you to leave the trench because the TurboLasers are too concentrated, and will have no problem destroying you...

And what does it say when you have to seek the surface for the trench in DS mission 2: Surface run?

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
just leave a large opening in the invisible 'ceiling' that you have to enter through, because the turbolaser cover is lighter there...

AHTW

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Now we get one idea for a rebel minicamp of the Battle of Hoth. Do I try to make a story for another minicamp on the imperial side and post it in the internal?

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
one imperial could be, as said, some rebel hunting in the asteroid field after hoth
btw, you HAVE to post (here or on the internal) your ideas, if you have, so that we can choose;)little ot:
about the DS, well I'd really like to have -althought uselesse for gameplay- a realistic full DS, but I dare it will remain just a dream without some changes on how fs2 handles lods, subobjects, and multiple dockings

Offline redmenace

how can the SCP implement bombs dropped from y-wings and Tie Bombers
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by redmenace
how can the SCP implement bombs dropped from y-wings and Tie Bombers

In XWA they came out the front, because they were only missiles, barring the space bomb... If everything is space based, missiles should be all that is needed...

AHTW

Offline redmenace

in rogue squadron and other games that are starwars based we see space bombs(bombs dropped from y wings). Also in The empire strikes back we see space bombs being dropped fron tie bombers while trying to drive out the millenium falcon from the "astroid worm thinger."
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Originally posted by redmenace
in rogue squadron and other games that are starwars based we see space bombs(bombs dropped from y wings). Also in The empire strikes back we see space bombs being dropped fron tie bombers while trying to drive out the millenium falcon from the "astroid worm thinger."

lets not get too ambishist here........

Oh another Idea! A camp where you and your home base are attacked by the Empire and are forced to jion the Rebels and end up takeing out a flagship?

Or how about a mini camp with the Battle of Yavin? that would be easy 5 mission camp.

Another one would be one where you and your Squadron have to take out a Vitcory class Flagship but things go bad. You could do a final battle and everything that way and it would only be like 10 missions at most.

All of that bombs in space falling stuff was because of the Gravity of the Rock they were flying over doh, it was at least 20 miles across, and we would have no need for that.:ick
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 08:58:45 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
How about something out of the Expanded Universe books? I remember trying to script the first training mission from the X-Wing books in the old unofficial TIE Fighter mission editor, but it was just too clunky at the time. But I've always had the idea of replicating that mission in FS2 floating at the back of my head ever since... would be cool.

Plus, what with the way they wrote the missions in the book, it'd be a pretty easy and comprehensive conversion to do. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
nice idea sandwich....
who remember the old training missions from xwing and tiefighter? for example the one with the rebel indentifying cargos to find the wookie slaves, and free them from the evil empire?
a thrawn campaign could also be very cool but still too long for our purposes.
my knowledge of the expanded univers is anyway minimal, but if you know some nice actions that can be converted into a game, well it could be useful

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I typed up or wrote out that mission at one point - I'll try and find it.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Let me say nor I am very interested in expanded universe, Karma, so not you are the only one. If somebody gives me the task to make a minicamp from the Thrawn trilogy, I would tell him to give me the story, too.