Author Topic: WIH Multi Test #2  (Read 17140 times)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
The test has concluded, thanks to everyone who participated.

For all of you who missed the first one and all those who would like to give it another go. The WIH multiplayer project is going to have another test in the near future.

The multiplayer pack already has dogfights, TvT missions, and a virtually complete coop mission. We are also experimenting with player controlled capitol ships in both TvT missions and coop missions.

A few new game modes have been implemented, such as Escalation dogfight where players upgrade to a more powerful ship every time they are killed, and Fleet Battle where players can command capitol ships and call in and direct fighter reinforcements to harass the opposing team. (Experimental!)

Last test went really well with 10 or so members participating in a single game. We would like to see that kind of turnout again. Players who can host multiplayer games are extra welcome!!!

Once again, the time and date of this next test will be determined by a consensus between the interested players. If you are interested in participating in Test #2, send me a PM or simply reply to this thread. Just like last time I will update this post with a list of people who would like to participate in the test. Once enough players have joined up, we will pick a time.

Might make it
Planning on coming
Testers:
Driod803
-Sara-
Archaic
Mars
Deadly in a Shadow
Buckshee Rounds
Sparda Son 21
FSW
SDM

Edit: It is highly likely we will be using build 6832 for testing. It's the most recent multiplayer compatible build.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,73203.0.html

Be sure to have 6832r (non-debug) if you don't already.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:19:37 pm by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
What version of FSO should one be rolling for this?

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Most likely the build of choice will be 3.6.12r

Less likely, If we go with nightlies, I believe 6832r is still the most recent multiplayer compatible build.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I will attempt to join you, if that's alright.

Sunday after will not work for me, after 100 GMT

I am unsure of the rest of the week.

Offline -Sara-

I'll be there, for those who usually ask: ingame name is Kinky.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Archaic

i'll try to be there, but i have lots to do this weekend.

spring break is the week after next though, i should have some time then.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Most likely the build of choice will be 3.6.12r
No no no no. The last time we tried playing with the 3.6.12 build, we crashed. So definitely go with the nightly.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There is a confirmed-good (last I knew) build in SVN, just use that.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Count me in if its this weekend or next :D
YAY for reading break = no uni.

I'm not very good at dogfighting though :<
I get thrashed in TvT, especially.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
...I'm not very good at dogfighting though :<
I get thrashed in TvT, especially.

No worries, I'm not that great either. Players of all skill levels will give us a wider range of information for testing.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!
Sign me in, I want my revenge. But I hope that the RRRREDEMAHHHH is balanced.

(Remember the frigate battle in multi test 1?^^)
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline -Sara-

Few pointers:

* Install BP Multi on your PC before the event. Make sure to check if your BP Multi is updated 15 minutes before start, last minute files may be updated.
* BP Multi now uses a SVN to install the mod on your PC, no longer a simple download link, this allows for easier updating but requires some less conventional ways to install for the user. Check http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,73966.0.html to see how you use SVN's to install programs.
* Shut down any internet-using program you have other than freespace. No Torents, no P2P, no games using internet in the background: this will not only reduce your lag, but the suffering others do from your otherwise slowed down internet.
* Be there on time once a time is agreed on. Freespace needs the game host to shut down the mission through exiting if new players want to join the game, not convenient.
* If the game is busy, don't try to join the game a 100 times while it is already busy, like some people did last time. Just wait until the game-status is green and says forming. If you try to join again and again while the game already tells you that you cannot join, we all see that message too and the host may feel presured to break off the entire game. Wait your turn, last time we played plenty of rounds. :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Droid803

So, when will this be? :P
(´・ω・`)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
No such date is announced yet. Depends on the tyrrany of the majority. When do YOU want it?

From what I'm hearing, sometime next weekend works. That would be the 18th 19th or 20th of February.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Droid803

The sooner the better for me.
I have this week off but not next week.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Does anyone mind if I shpw up? I have a decent(ish) connection and I'm more curious than anything else to see how things are coming along.

More WiH multi.  Count me in.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
PMs sent

Please note, the Origional Post has been updated.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
Test time and date has been announced. See origional post.
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline Lictuel

Hey there I just registered, as you can see, I would like to participate in that test as well but I got some questions.

First and foremost, its free for everyone so its okay for a lurker to join right?
Second, since i could not see something along those lines in here : will some kind of voip be needed? If so what kind.
Thirdly i just want to say that i loved playing BP. AoA was nice but i really fell in love with WiH :).

Thanks and hopefully till the 19th.