Author Topic: Text-to-speech stopped working  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Dukayn

Text-to-speech stopped working
Not sure why, but I loaded up Diaspora today and speech to text doesn't appear to be working.  It's still selected in the Basic Settings of the launcher, and the test plays the voice fine, but ingame it just doesn't play during briefings and in missions, or in the Tech Data pages as it did yesterday.

I have checked and the tick boxes of where to play the speech are all still selected.  I have rebooted the PC to see if that fixes anything but it hasn't.

Any ideas?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Text-to-speech stopped working
You installed patch 1.0.2 between then and now, right? Text to speech is disabled in Swifty's builds but enabled in mine. Unfortunately my builds had a bug whereby the Kill gauge kept vanishing so I just used his instead.

If you really want it back it's not hard for me to upload a set of builds that work. They have some code in them from the eventual 1.0.3 patch though so they're not beta tested.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dukayn

Re: Text-to-speech stopped working
Yes, this is running 1.0.2.  It's cool, not a big deal just something I noticed in the past day or so and was wondering if it was something wrong with the game.