Author Topic: Any interest in testing the original/new PXO?  (Read 3881 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Re: Any interest in testing the original/new PXO?
Any reason of why this new PXO shouldt work with FSO? i can change the server URL in code. Or FSO changed the multi code for FS2netd?

BTW. i did try it but it does not connect, maybe a diferent port?

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Any reason of why this new PXO shouldt work with FSO? i can change the server URL in code. Or FSO changed the multi code for FS2netd?

BTW. i did try it but it does not connect, maybe a diferent port?
PXO is entirely different from FS2NetD, so they aren't compatible. The PXO client code will be integrated with FSO at some point in the near future though.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
While playing last night, I called for support and eventually the request got aborted, not because I cancelled it but I assume because the support ship died, though I'm not entirely sure.  After that though, I couldn't call for support the normal way (C-5) and the comms menu only had the option to abort.  I can't remember exactly, but I think it still showed up in the all ships comms menu (C-1) but it didn't respond to any orders, probably because it was dead.  Once the other player called in another support ship, I could rearm by giving an order through C-1.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I noticed a similar issue during testing but I was never able to reproduce it. This was on a non-PXO multi game with just me as master/host, so it's not a network issue but a straight code issue. I noticed several radar glitching bugs the same way.

I'll put it on my list as a definite bug, but things like that are pretty difficult to track down due to the randomness of it happening. If you find a mission or scenario that it happens more often please let me since that would be a big help.